What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds like a fun week:shock:
My favorite thing is is when the Doctor, Nurse, sadomasicist Health Practitioner says "You might feel this a little" just before putting you into the most pain you've ever felt in your life.

Well at least the pain was fairly well balanced: I wound up hurting in both ends! :lol:

Dentist stuff went great - handsome, charming, sweet dentist my own age too...damn, he's got a girlfriend already! :lol:

Physiotherapist was too young but sweet, at least he had humour - I guess you have to have at least that in that kind of job... ;)

Hehe, I know what you mean. I was born a toe-walker, so I had a heel cord lengthening procedure to correct it. Before I had it, the Doc told me mos kids walk out of the hospital, that day, and it wouldn't hurt a bit! As little elementary school kid I believed him, but should have known better. The procedure entails cutting two slits in each achilles and stretching them so your heel touches the ground. They then put a cast on each leg to hold your foot in the right position so it heals properly. Needless to say, it hurt like Hell as soon as I tried stepping on it, probably second worse pain in my life. I wasn't pleased with the Doc then...

It worked though, and it's the second most useful (but painful) thing I've ever had done.

Ouch, it must've hurt like hell! :shock:

A couple of years ago I had an ingrown toenail straightened out, and the phys told me that it would be over fairly quickly, and that it didn't hurt much.
Right.
I could set my foot down after a week, and even then it hurt like friggin' hell! :lol:
It took me two weeks to walk somewhat normally. :oops:
So even though it wasn't nearly as extensive or as painful as your achilles cord lenghtening, I know what you mean. ;)

Last edited:
Hehe, I know what you mean. I was born a toe-walker, so I had a heel cord lengthening procedure to correct it. Before I had it, the Doc told me mos kids walk out of the hospital, that day, and it wouldn't hurt a bit! As little elementary school kid I believed him, but should have known better. The procedure entails cutting two slits in each achilles and stretching them so your heel touches the ground. They then put a cast on each leg to hold your foot in the right position so it heals properly. Needless to say, it hurt like Hell as soon as I tried stepping on it, probably second worse pain in my life. I wasn't pleased with the Doc then...

It worked though, and it's the second most useful (but painful) thing I've ever had done.

Ouch, it must've hurt like hell! :shock:

A couple of years ago I had an ingrown toenail straightened out, and the phys told me that it would be over fairly quickly, and that it didn't hurt much.
Right.
I could set my foot down after a week, and even then it hurt like friggin' hell! :lol:
It took me two weeks to walk somewhat normally. :oops:
So even though it wasn't nearly as extensive or as painful as your achilles cord lenghtening, I know what you mean. ;)

My GF wanted to go to an airshow with jets 130 miles amd I wanted to go to the Canadian Warbird flying day 35 miles , well they are saying 90% chance of rain so iy was decided to go to CWH , now the sly part she is going to visit her father Sunday and my friend wants to go see the heavy metal show so I hopefully see both:D

My dad just bought me a MK.I NO.5 Enfield Jungle carbine!:)
303jpg.gif

Nice weapon Doughboy, but watch it, it's got a kick like an angry mule, due to the shortened barrel, and one hell of a flash!
Pull it in well before squeezing the trigger, and it'll only tickle - er - honest!

Nice weapon Doughboy, but watch it, it's got a kick like an angry mule, due to the shortened barrel, and one hell of a flash!
Pull it in well before squeezing the trigger, and it'll only tickle - er - honest!
I had a jungle carbine before and I thought the kick was VERY mild...I had a Mosin Nagant m44 carbine and I used to shoot that ALOT....So kick won't be a problem.:)

Last edited:
Mild? Strange, it's generally regarded as one of the most vicious kicks going, with military .303 ball ammo. That's why the thick butt pad is there. Nice weapon though, with arguably the best bolt-action ever produced. Wish I still had mine.

"Mild? Strange, it's generally regarded as one of the most vicious kicks going, with military .303 ball ammo. That's why the thick butt pad is there."

I used military .303 bal ammo out of both my jungle carbines....and I always thought the kick was mild.:)

The reason the kick is so mild for me is because me and my dad are hunters and we use 30-06's so I am used to kick a decent bitworse than the Jungle carbine.:)

Last edited:
Got picked up last night by one of my motorcycle friends, Mr. Budtz, on his trusty BMW R90/6.
Went to Langelinie, Copenhagen, and had a really nice summer evening with the motorcycle friends, watching the sunset, chatting, having fun and enjoying the good weather.
Reason why it made me happy?
It's been a whole 3 days without motorcycles because of my stupid back, but last night - when I got the offer - I just outright refused not to go. :lol: Basically, it'll be a cold day in hell (- either that, or it's got to be some really nasty physical pain to stop me!) before I give up on getting in the saddle. :)
*whispers* Then it's a good thing that my physiotherapist can straighten me out again today. ;)

Yea! Half day off! From 2PM on today, I'm a free woman. Time to cook dinner while watching a movie, practice some martial arts, go for a swim, relax, and have a good time. Quite a rare occasion for me lately.

I was watching "Dora the Explorer" with my daughter (4 years old) when Dora asked the viewers how to prevent Swiper the Fox from stealing their stuff (hint: repeat "Swiper no Swipping" 3 times). She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said: "Daddy, why doesn't she just shoot him?"

<sniff> I was so proud!

I was watching "Dora the Explorer" with my daughter (4 years old) when Dora asked the viewers how to prevent Swiper the Fox from stealing their stuff (hint: repeat "Swiper no Swipping" 3 times). She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said: "Daddy, why doesn't she just shoot him?"

<sniff> I was so proud!
I'd be proud too.:lol::lol:

<sniff> I was so proud!

I don't care who you are, that's funny. Thanks for posting this, made my Monday;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back