1/32 Spitfire Mk.Vb - Defence of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great Terry and thanks to my family I've also been fighting a cold for the last 6 days though it seems to be on the down slide now.

Geo

Thanks Geo.
Still no progress - got to get rid of this cold before Friday, as that's when I get the second, delayed, infusion of the new meds. Any infection at all, however minor, prevents it being administered, so I must be clear by then !
Hopefully, it'll clear up in time, and I'll get back to the model then - just no energy at the moment.

I've finally broken through the lethargy (and got back on the forum after being refused at log-in four times !) and managed to make some progress towards completing the model.

PIC 1 and 2. Exhausts painted and fitted, with some light exhaust staining added.
PIC 3. The doped fabric patch over the flare port has been simulated with a piece of thin tissue paper, taken from a decals sheet, glued in place with PVA adhesive. The upper fuselage nav lamp has also been added.
PIC 4. The patches over the machine gun ports have been done in the same way.
PIC 5. As the brass cannons have open muzzles, it would have been a shame to simulate the cardboard caps used to prevent dirt and icing, so the mg port patches have been pierced and torn, to simulate the effect after firing the guns.
PIC 6. Once the tissue had set and dried, the patches were painted, but await the addition of smoke stains.
PIC 7. Likewise, the flare port patch has also been painted.
PICS 8 and 9. The underside I.D. lamp has been painted, and glazed with Humbrol Clear Fix, and the tail lamp has also been painted and glazed, although difficult to see clearly in this shot.
PICS 10 and 11. Brake lines have been added to the undercarriage legs, working from the photo of Duxford's MkVb.
PIC 12. The undercarriage legs and doors have been fitted, as has the tail wheel. The wheels will be fitted and aligned once the legs have set.

Just a few more fiddly bits to make and add, including the canopy locking latch and jettison 'ball', and she should be done.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0047.JPG
    DSC_0047.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Stan 1.jpg
    Stan 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 85
Looking good Terry! I really like the details on the wing guns and landing gear!

Thanks John and Red Two. Got to do the fiddly bits later today - can't go in to town, as planned, as it's persisting down, and set to stay that way for the next two days.

Very nice details Terry. Odd you mention log in problems. I couldn't log in on my Kobo reader, thinking I had done something wrong. After a third try, I was refused to try again. A little while later I tried on my cell phone and had no problems. Typing this on my Kobo, no problems now.

Geo

Been a bit sleepy today, so didn't get much done to show, although the wheels are on, and the prop has been touched-up and fitted. Hopefully, I might get it finished by the weekend.

Attachments

• DSCF0006 (22).JPG
    DSCF0006 (22).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0002 (32).JPG
    DSCF0002 (32).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0004 (29).JPG
    DSCF0004 (29).JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 83
Thanks John. Still got to make and fit the canopy latch and jettison ball, and also the round rear view mirror, as well as a couple of other small bits.

Thanks very much Jeff !
I had thought of 'Photoshopping' it onto a Duxford, or other airfield background when it's finished .... if I can remember how to do it properly !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back