Achtung Mosquito!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is the part #F1 a light, is that why they say to paint it silver?

...and why is that they say to paint the oiltank #E20 red, when all the pics that I have shows it in the same colour as the landing gear??

Jan I think nobody can pay attention to that.It doesn't matter if it can be red or not.Personaly I suggest painting with silver and then a red-brown wash.

I'm with Wojtek on the oil tank. Tamiya probably got the colour from a preserved machine. As far as I know, the tank would be silver painted, but might have had a reddish brown anti-corrosion coating also. The part F1 is a landing light. They mean paint the INNER face silver, so that it looks like the reflector when viewed through the lens. If you really want it to look like a lamp, attach a piece of kitchen foil, using clear varnish or Johnson's 'Klear' or, if you have it Micro 'Krystal Kleer' or Humbrol 'Clear Fix'.

Forgot to paint the blasted thing... Anyhoo....painted oiltank silver as in ther pics...
Even though this kit comes with the droptanks, they weren't included in the instructions...which of course meant...yep you're correct, I forgot to drill the holes for the @#$*%$#@ things! After commencing kicking myself in carefully selected parts of the male body, I took another look at the wings, and behold....you could actually faintly see where you're supposed to drill for droptanks and rockets..! Praise The Lord!
Can you tell that I haven't done this for 20+ years?

I laugh with you, Lucky. Not at you. I too am having to re-learn how to ride the bike. But you guys have raised the bar so high, that I'm having a hard time teaching this old dog new tricks.

Looking great, buddy.

Thanks fellas.... Will do some more in a day or two.... The x-mas rush start today, and I suspect that we'll work ourselfs down to our bones at work from now on and until after new year...!

Maaan....what a nightmare it'll be! Wonder if we'll break our record from last year, 209 ton of booze in a single night!

Every time i TRY and look/read about this thread some how i'm strangley distracted by a very moving 'avatar' and i'm unable to carry on doing any more reading due to those bouncing things.... you see i keep going back to first wordings of your threads !!!!!

:grab:

Coming along nicely Jan. I wouldn't worry about forgetting to drill the holes, as you found, that can easily be rectified. It's when you remove a great chunk to fit a part, then find out too late that it shouldn't have been removed for that particular Mark, when the trouble starts; like a certain expatriate Geordie did on a P38 not very long ago! The bruises from the self-beating are starting to heal now....

Felt a bit of an itch when I woke up at about 2am this morning, so I did some more fiddeling with the Mossie....

Managed to glue the body together not leaving any gaps, which saves me using the filler....too bad that I can't say that when testfitting the wings.
Now she starts to look like the wooden wonder that we all love and some hate...for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread