Bf 110G-2 'Pulk-Zerstörer'....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

go for it you guys; would love to see a rendition of my cousin/ace Hans Baer of II./NJG 5. He was Gruppenkommandeur until his untimely death by accident in his G-4 ( December 31, 1943 ), his two man crew bailed out and I have never found them to know if they survived the war or not. Hans had 12 victories but only some 8 or so are found in Theo's monster work as confirmed. there is some speculation as to whether or not he had a Mossie to his credit but their is fact that a Mossie nearly ended his life when he flew a Do 217 in 4./NJG 3.

Life is fickle, go eat a pickle....

E ~

Definitely a job for Wayne I think, I imagine it would be an award winner. A very fitting tribute to an ace. I believe it was engine failure that caused the crash?

yes Maxi, Hans was over their airfield when one enigne shut down and the 110G-4 winged over, surprising to me that Hans was able to keep it level enough for the guys to bail and he went down with the crate

Hmm. Now that Revell have re-released their 1/32nd scale Bf110C, I wonder if they'll do the same with their '110G ? That one I wouldn't mind doing again. I wouldn't mind building Hans's crate, but I've recently done a 1/48th scale '110G as you know, so a bit of a change is needed I think.

yes Maxi, Hans was over their airfield when one enigne shut down and the 110G-4 winged over, surprising to me that Hans was able to keep it level enough for the guys to bail and he went down with the crate

Clearly a very brave man. Are there any photos of the gentleman and his aircraft Erich?

Trying to find a '110 "Pulk Zerstorer" with the spinner spirals for the other G-2....pain in the neck!

True, is there any pics Hans and his '110?

Just found that CMK does this set for the Revell/Monogram '110 kit....8) :D

Attachments

• CMK 4079.jpg
    CMK 4079.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 164
no probs beau

as to my cousin no pics yet of his crate, I have one of his crew standing in front of their Do 217J when with 4./NJG 3. Hans is already a Hauptmann. I know there are other pics out there, it is just finding them.
think we can make assumptions as to what his G-4 looks like though.......

Just to clarify, from Dr Theo Boiten's "Nachtjagd War Diaries Vol II."

Hptm. Hans Baer.

4./NJG3, 5./NJG5, Stab II./NJG5.

Victories: 7 to 10.

Killed 20-21.12.1943 in crash at Garwitz near Parchim due to engine exploding on take off.

Simple Models do a resin Dornier Do 217N-2 conversion still trying to find J set....

There you go, Koster again, J-2/N-1. But, this is in vacum.

Was Hans' Dornier a J-2? I think that Italeri does one in 1/72...

before going to 110G's in NJG 5 Hans flew an N variant of Dornier while in 4./NJG 3. will try and find more, I have stuff buried at the present

like Les said I should start up another thread as we are talking 2 different schemes/personell and a/c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back