**** DONE: 1/48 Bell P-39 Aircobra - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, Guys,
I spent a little time over the last few days with futuring, decaling, and other fiddly things. Pics below:

DecalsFrontTop.JPG

DecalsSideBelly.JPG

DecalsSideTop.JPG

Hey, Guys,
Thanks again for stopping by to watch me stumble along. I do appreciate all the feedback.
So, more progress this week. The belly has all the damned stencils in place and I started on the left side. Major markings are on. Two of the decals span the fuse and door, hence the door laying on the wing in one shot to show the decal work there. I got the front gear leg done with the PE brake line and oleo "hinge" (what is that called?). Prop is done with the cannon barrel drilled out. Overall, I am happy with the build so far. Only one issue, the decal setting fluid seems to have "burned" the finish around the stars over the exhaust. I am hoping that will disappear with the next application of clear coat (flat finish). Hope to have the decaling all done this weekend and final fiddly bits installed over the coming week. I am going to plan on giving this one a more weathered finish than the past builds.
Pics:

LftSideDecals.JPG

PropAndFrontGearLeg.JPG

AftRaditors.JPG

I like the look of that Dale. Hopefully that burned bit will disappear with the method you suggest. You might try brushing a small bit of it with your gloss coat first to see if it works. If not, you may need to carefully remove the gloss down to the paint and then re-apply the gloss.

Hey, Guys,
Well, I have the basic final finish done this evening. All decals are on, the final flat is on, the staining and weathering is done. I still have all those final fiddly bits to get on. I hope to finish that tomorrow. If so, I think I will pull the Dora out and see what kind of progress I can get on her.
FinalFinishAftTop.JPG

FinalFinishFrtTop.JPG

FinalFinishLftTop.JPG

FinalFinishRgtTop.JPG

FinalFinishBelly1.JPG

FinalFinishFrontBelly.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back