**** DONE: 1/48 Curtiss A-8 Shrike – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It seams to me that flat gray is one of the easiest colors to get a nice even coat with an air brush. The white doesn't go on as nice, but it's really necessary to make the yellow stand out. I tried a light gray once when I was out of white and it didn't work as well. If I'm putting on white as a top coat. I start with a gray primer, but I thought that putting on gray primer, before white under coat, than the yellow was a bit much. I still wanted to see the panel lines
:lol:
The yellow was still a little tacky yesterday (I hate gloss) so no more work yet.

Spent a couple of hours masking today and got the OD sprayed on. Just some minor touch-up to do.

P2109306.JPG
P2109307.JPG

Last edited:
Been working on Shiny. 2 coats of Future on top of the OD and still quite a few to go. Not Shiny yet, sort of a very dull semigloss.
I miss the old Future, Use to have a perfect glossy surface over matte paint in 2 or 3 coats. Now it takes 6 or 8. :(

I have about 300ml of Future left and as far as I'm concerned, it's more precious than gold dust and is only applied directly where a decal will go. My alternative product being used for general sealing is a product called 'Long Life Polish'. It gives a bit of a shine but needs more coats to get a good one, but it is a good paint protector and works in the same way as Future.

I know I have a half bottle of the old formula somewhere. I'll have to try to dig it up.

Well it has six coats on it and I don't think its going to get ant shinyer than it is ,so I'm calling it good. Few days to cure and I'll get out the decals.

P2139310.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back