**** DONE: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys........

My next little touch, I have no idea why..... are the gun barrels.
I drilled .8mm down just about 2 to 3mm deep is all. Then .6mm thru so I could insert .6mm O.D. tube and super glue in from the back and keep the front clean.

I must admit after I drilled the first one .8mm, I was a bit undecided what to do next. The tube was an act of desperation..... good thing it worked!

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-2.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 74
Thanks guys.............. wings are together, now I can make molds for the control surfaces, tail as well. Gotta check the PO box for the seat today.

GB20-1d P-40-3a.jpg
Like I said, molding and castings.

First bits of clay and the parts to replicate.
Next I used two 5mm square rods to make 5mm thick slabs of clay
Then made a box of the clay slabs. Had to support the parts and used glue tac to hang the stabs to the wing. Had to make another box for the other wing and aileron.
Mix resin and pour into molds, you can see it just start to set.
Bob's yer uncle...... all the parts!

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-3b.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-3b.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 81
  • GB20-1d P-40-3c.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-3c.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 77
  • GB20-1d P-40-3d.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-3d.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 73
  • GB20-1d P-40-3e.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-3e.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 75
  • GB20-1d P-40-3f.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-3f.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 85
Glory-be Bill, that's impressive!!

I've also been looking out that Clayola Model Magic you use. It don't come cheap or in small quantities on the net. Where did you get it.

It does not dry hard. It's kinda like a tuff marshmallow in texture when dry.

It is meant for grade school children and in class modeling, it's non-toxic. I have found it on eBay but it comes in boxes of 75, 4oz packs and is around 140 bucks for the box. I had a clandestine method of getting the stuff. I have found putting the opened air tight pack into a zip lok bag has kept it for several months. I made this raft thingy from the same bag I made the insulated interior wall cover for my SH-3A helicopter. So it's kept pretty well.

If I want something hard and workable, the Miliput is the thing. Like I used on the mod of the wheel pontoons for the SH-3A helo.

Hope this helps to clarify its use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back