**** DONE: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love your panache Bill. You've also a good eye for the detail.

t07036.gif

So this day I have worked on the tail feathers. Had trouble with my castings, filed them off too much and would have to recast. But the molds are back-ups. So I just used the Scalpel to finely cut the pieces off at the lines. I hve attached the stabs to the rear section befor eattaching the lot. The stabs haven't fitted all the well, there is a slight step at the fairing I will have to file down to match, the use the tip of a drill to put the dimples ot the rivets back in.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-9a.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-9a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 76
  • GB20-1d P-40-9b.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-9b.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 84
  • GB20-1d P-40-9c.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-9c.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Woody......
Today the fusey is alllll together. Somw seam work to clean-up then the wings.
I did a "wash" of sorts inside the cockpit............... kinda sorta!

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-10a.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-10a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 97
  • GB20-1d P-40-10b.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-10b.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 75
I could say the cockpit could do with another wash as it is looking a bit grubby………………but I won't.!!

Seriously though, it looks kind'a cool Bill.

Moving rather quickly now.

Filled the corners of the front on the sliding part of the canopy with a bit of styrene, it is Not cut at an agle as supplied in the kit. It's square to fit behind the little gusset at the front on the canopy rails.

Hand cut the glass masks.

Filled all the gaps and replaced the rivet marks along the fairings.

Now I just need to match colors............ I hate trying to find which ones I need to use.

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-11.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-11.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Great masking work Bill, but before you squirt some paint on the rear canopy, I read somewhere that the frames weren't really there. Rather the canopy was made of sheets of plexiglas fused together, leaving a seam that was opaque but not green like a frame would be.

I'm in the process of checking this info but wanted to give you a heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back