**** DONE: 1/48 Yak-1b Lilya Litviak, the VVS - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the look guys.
Just took a picture of the panel. Just some touch up at the top and bottom and will do that as I paint the interior.

Attachments

• 2g inst panel.jpg
    2g inst panel.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for all that. I am oso glad I have my project to enter finally.

I've touched up the panel. Painted the cockpit side control panels. Added some ribbing on the cockpit walls with styrene. Been working during the daylight hours so I'm making marginal headway. Maybe will have Thursday off and can do some spray painting of the interior. And gluing up of the flaps and cut them out of the wings.

I get so befuddled with colors. If I have read correctly the walls should be the light blue and the tube frame, floor and firewall should be the gray? Nevertheless I sailor on.

I can't fault the cockpit interior on this kit, not much to replace with PE parts so it's pretty much OB.

I did thin out the sides of the seat tube so it looked a little more like sheet metal. I added styrene square to the sides of the cockpit walls, but alas it was to thick for the assy to fit inside. I ended up filing it down to about the same as what was cast in the kit. Duh! It's pretty much out of sight anyway. I have the stick offset to a left bank mainly because the ailerons are separate so I will have the port side a little up and the starboard a little down.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• 3a ribbing.jpg
    3a ribbing.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 3b dryfit cockpit.jpg
    3b dryfit cockpit.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 3c fit c-pit.jpg
    3c fit c-pit.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 101
I'm back on it, and really in the thick of it. Sometimes I wonder why I do some of the things I do. What ever possessed me to cut up the wings and assemble these PE flap thingies. But I have.

I'm not gonna bother with the flap itself in PE, I'm gonna use the QB flaps. The QB wing pocket is a little too bulky is why I did the PE. But The PE flap is more than I can handle! So here is one side cut out so you can see the difference.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• 4 flaps.jpg
    4 flaps.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Back