**** DONE: 1/48 Yak-1b Lilya Litviak, the VVS - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks to all of you.
I just took the tail feathers out, if it's got ailerons, and flaps, the rudder and elevators have got to be cut apart too. More work. It's only got the little hole at the wing root on one side, and it's round, gotta put one on the other side and make it oval. Have to add a wall in the wheel well.

Attachments

• 5 wheel well.jpg
    5 wheel well.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 110
Thanks guys, and I thought you were headed for a bit of a holiday Vic???
I been able to get a few things underway. Wheel wells, why do I do it???? In the photo in my last post I noticed the wheel well had a straight up wall, so I cut off the bit on the wing upper. I formed the wall from PVC sheet and then the flat inside surface from same. You can see the round hole in the wing root of the kit. Then I made a mold of the horizontals and cast new ones for the elevators.

Psst, he whispers.
Humbrol glue in the yellow dispenser glues PVC to the kit plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 6a wells.jpg
    6a wells.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 6b wells.jpg
    6b wells.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 6c wells.jpg
    6c wells.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 6d elevs.jpg
    6d elevs.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments.
Working on the inside of the wells, added ribbing. I have to cut them down a bit since they don't look all that structural since it was the underside of the wood skin of the wing. It's getting there.

And then I had to go and find a RED 23, where did That come from???? I also found a couple of builds in this scheme. Decisions decisions...... Do I have to get another kit and do the Red one? Perhaps!?

Attachments

• 7 wells.jpg
    7 wells.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 7b red 23.jpg
    7b red 23.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 193
Looking very good . I'm not sure but a couple of these ribs in the wheel bays looked a little different.

The Red 23 is said to be Cpt. G. N. Zidov's kite of the 123 IAP, Leningrad Front in April 1942, . He was a CCCP Hero.

Looking very good . I'm not sure but a couple of these ribs in the wheel bays looked a little different.

The Red 23 is said to be Cpt. G. N. Zidov's kite of the 123 IAP, Leningrad Front in April 1942, . He was a CCCP Hero.

Well then, I can relax! Thanks for that.

You guys keep me going, thanks. As well thanks for all the good work you do, for this is what serves as examples to strive for.

So, this morning after a great 9 holes of golf! Did the interior and wheel wells. Also did some earrrrrrrly wire work on the side panels, just had to do it, you know. Couldn't sleep.

Attachments

• 8a wells painted.jpg
    8a wells painted.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 8b cockpit frame.jpg
    8b cockpit frame.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back