**** DONE: 1/72 Amiot 143, 3rd Escadrille - Heavies Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are fling through this one VB and I think it looks kinda pretty.Cheers Kevin

Thanks,

I'm trying to finish up this one because the Tupolev will be taking awhile. In regards to a color scheme, the one problem I have with building unusual planes is the lack of info out there. The kit merely states "painted in chocolate brown and that's it. So, I'm still looking for info on it.

Yeah I hear you. I don't know much about the French colours but maybe some profiles of more common birds might help to pick out the brown. IIRC the early French fighters had a pretty dark brown/green camo. Maybe the same brown would apply.

First coat of paint is on. I finally found a colored profile, it has black on the buttom and chocolate (or French Chestnut) on the top.

Attachments

• Am 143 painted.JPG
    Am 143 painted.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Thanks fellas.

One thing I think is cool about the plane is the engine cowling's and the base on the wings were left a metal finish, even though the rest of the plane was painted. I have NEVER been successful with a metal finish, but thanks to all the tips I picked up here, I'm pretty dam happy with the way it turned out. Next step another coat of clear gloss and then the decals.

Attachments

• Am 143 Top.JPG
    Am 143 Top.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Am 143 Bottom.JPG
    Am 143 Bottom.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 192
The bare metal really looks the part VB, nice job. Just thought - I wonder if the Armee d' L'Air ever thought of using the wings of the Amiot as an airfiled? They look long enough and flat enough to launch a fighter off!!

Great work VB the cowlings look awesome!

I was thinking similar Terry, more so the size comparison between the wings and fuselage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back