**** DONE: 1/72 CAC CA13 Boomerang - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ive made some good progress tonite, fitting the rudder kick bars, the tubular frme that surrounds the pilot, the pilot seat, the front firewall and finally the IP to the cockpit assembly. Its all pretty good, but I have run out of time and will post photos topmorow.

I think Ive found the problem with this kit. its in the area afdt of the pilot seat. The kit has a lot of detail forward of the pilot, and then just leaves a void behind him. This is clearly wrong and will be visible (highly so) from the outside.

The attached cutaway drawing shows what I think shoud be there, paraphenalia for the radio, a supporting deck. Underneath that a 70 gallon fuel tanki and leading froim the tank to the dorsal, a fuel fillier line leading to the port side. In the tail there is an oxygenm supply and of course the rudder and tail plane cables.

Some of the stuff not visible doesnt need to be made (but depending on how it goes I may attempt it). But some of the gear does need to be represented, because its visible from the outside, I need to scratch build this and it wont be easy, though Ive attempted harder. ive made a start, cutting from styrene card the rear deck. I will also at least build or simulate the radio assembly and the fuel filler line....the rest is optional

Attachments

• ca-12 boomerang reducec.jpg
    ca-12 boomerang reducec.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 104
You can say that again, only about 2/3 the length of a similar scale spit, and the wings are equally as tubby. Got about the same physique as me im sad to say....though the boomerang is just short and fat, Im short and fat, and ugly.....
You too?
Thought I was the only one!

some further progress shots. There are a couplwe of minor issues, and my finishes when viewed in close up still suck, buts its okay generally. Ive put the engine together, fitted a fuel tank and radio fit in the reqar, fitted the cockpit assembly to the port side fuselage half. ive noticed the kickbar has broken, probably during fitting, which is annoying. The lower cowling also chipped....it just broke away before i did anything to it. it must have had a crack in it which i didnt see. It will take some fixing, but i'll wait until just before the the fuselage is going to be put together before trying to do anything.

Ive also drilled holes in the dorsal and glued radio lines that will eventually loop to the tail.

Despite these problems, this is a pretty good kit, and im really enjoying putting it together. Sure there are some problems, but in general, it goes together nicely

Attachments

• 102_2679.jpg
    102_2679.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 102_2680.jpg
    102_2680.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 102_2681.jpg
    102_2681.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 102_2684.jpg
    102_2684.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 102_2685.jpg
    102_2685.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 102_2686.jpg
    102_2686.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 78
Looking good. However you use too much of a glue for sticking of small details. Michael , you should use a needle for applying of it.

Excellent progress Parsifal :)

Take your time on choosing a color scheme or you'll end up like me! lol that is to say, switching from one scheme to another in mid build :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back