Done : Heinkel He219A-7 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, much appreciated indeed! I know what you mean about the belt decals Dan, and I agree with you. Just gonna with the flow as Obi Wan Little said, as soon as I have a bit more meat on my legs as we say in Sweden, I'll try the etched ones...
I can't believe though who well those instrument decals work with the Micro Sol and Micro Set, I'm well impressed with that! Also noticed that the two smallest ones aren't were they're supposed to be, but those two instruments are so tiny that you can hardly see where they were to be placed....:oops:
I'm also curious to see what kinda camouflage this bird, there's a NJG 1 machine in here, but I don't really trust that scheme they're showing....and to find correct decals! :lol: Well, already have the G9+, just the rest that's missing....the AB!

Thanks again guys, really enjoy the building again I have to say....and that is very much thanks to you lot! :notworthy:

I think I've got the 'B', have to check the sizes, and might have the 'A', but is that blue or green - not sure on my monitor.
I agree about the seat harnesses (harni?!!), but they're better than a bare seat.
And Jan, we should be thanking you - the GB was your baby mate!
But I will say, it's you guys that got me back to modelling proper, instead of just getting 95% of the way then leaving it. Been discussing the GB etc with Rochie, who has been here for two days - great to see him and yes, we prevented a few beers from going flat!

....and what is preventing the tour from travelling north cross the border??? It's plenty of beer here that's running the risk of going flat and whisky to....to...errmm....ooooh....eeerrrrr....to...well you know....:lol:

It's on the agenda mate. I have a secret key for that door in Hadrian's Wall, and the thought of an excess of beer, and 'Scottish White Wine' going to waste is just too much. Something will have to be done about that, and soon......

Well Dan and Chris, hop on a 'plane and join us on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow!
I think I might have found a new siggy for Lucky, I'll post it here later.....

I say Jan old chap! I thought you might like this very appropriate nose art on a former Gulf War Buccaneer.
Guinness and a good single malt - can't be bad!

Attachments

• BAC Lightning 023.jpg
    BAC Lightning 023.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 77
looks great Jan and if i ever get my car sorted and am off work at the same time i'll nip across pick up Mr fox and we'll be on our way up !!!!
found these in He-219_[Schiffer_Military_History_Luftwaffe_Profile_3] i can e-mail you the full size pics if you wish, hope they help

Attachments

• uhus.jpg
    uhus.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 65
  • uhu1s.jpg
    uhu1s.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 133
  • uhu2s.jpg
    uhu2s.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 149
Much obliged Karl! :thumbright: Now we'll just have to wait and see if Erich gives his approval for this camouflage on Baake's A-7...
Going to do some more work this weekend on the '219 and the BOAC Mosquito. Desperately need some sleep, people off at work and I'm shattered beyond belief....
I'll keep the kegs full and whiskies in full stock until you get here!

Would be great if you could email them to me, if you don't mind.

PS: Was there any major differences between the A-0, A-2, A-5 and A-7 when it comes to the panel lines....or is the canopy the most obvious to tell them apart?

Looking forward to being able to get up there Jan!
Far as I know, the canopy was the main external difference. I'll have a dekko at my stuff and see if there's anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back