Done : JV44 Fw190D-9 "Red1" of Heinz Sachsenberg Gruppe Build.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Karl.... Im kinda blown away on how it came out... It really looks good to me, and its hard for me to impress myself... It took forever tho, and, deep down inside me, I think I over did it...

But, as the fellas tell me, it will tone down when sprayed Gloss and then Matte, so I have the confidence to keep on wrting on my Dora...

Dan... As you know, I am not a scale modeller. But judging from what I see,
I'd say it's quality work. You've busted your butt, and it shows.

Just for grins, what kind of camera are you using ??

Charles

Sounds like something that they used at the battle of Yorktown....1781 was it? Keep it up Dan, brother....I hope that my 109's and my JV44 13 will look this good when I get to it! 8) :thumbleft:

Thanks guys...

Ive been researching and drawing out the fuselage camo work this morning, as the Hasegawa directions are completely and utterly bunk.....

Ive decided to use a tape mask to "guide" me through the mottleing attempt... My Brush is NOT cooperating with me on this, hence the taped off guide.... I will post some pics of this in a short while, including my altered directions...

Ive noticed the problems with this kind of detailing.... Its addictive I'll tell ya.... I did mess up on the port wing and had to break out the airbrush and touch up one area.... I cant use an eraser on it either as it takes off the damn paint....

The way I did it was to first hit the lines with a chisel pointed mech pencil, then dabbed a brush into the powder left over on the sandpaper and lightly brush it on the lines.... Some of them I went too heavy, some too light....

Follow on brushing made them relativly even.... I now have the wings lightly taped over to prevent overspray when I start the RLM82 camo on the fuselage... That tape will also remove some of the extra graphite on the panel lines and tone it down some....

I didnt want to spray the clear Future on the wings before I sprayed the whole thing, to keep it uniform...

I also went and diffused some of the camo with some brushed graphite in certain areas to give some tonality to the camo and to mimick, albeit rookie level, the mottleing that Wayne has been demonstrating... Also some filth...

It worked to some degree I think...

More pics then....one point my friend refrain from doing any more panel line work until the painting is done, otherwise you will mess some of it up, the brush on graphite part I mean...and be real careful you dont put finger prints on the paintwork!!

Thanks for the words guys...

And thanks Wayne as well.. I have it covered up lightly with tape so the graphite weathering on the wings is OK.... Heres my masking job, a work in progress.....

Attachments

• taped 011.jpg
    taped 011.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 115
  • taped 012.jpg
    taped 012.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 105
Certainly looking good Dan. Now that I've seen the canopy, I think what I suggested would be OK. If you needed to, you could always 'spot in' some more cammo colour. BTW, the technique I described was for enamels, not sure of the effects with acrylics. That blue mask, is it a tape, or masking film, like 'Frisk'? Looks interesting.

Thanks for the info Dan. BTW, if 'Teflon' is non-stick, how the F*$k does it stick to frying pans?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back