Done : JV44 Fw190D-9 "Red1" of Heinz Sachsenberg Gruppe Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys....

I think that I am over my head in the mottleing dept... I honestly have no confidence in getting this done right... My airbrush will not allow me to get inclose to the model for the detailed "puffs" that need to be worked in over the "blobs" of mottleing I have now...

Im trying tho....

Attachments

• tape off 001.jpg
    tape off 001.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 115
  • tape off 003.jpg
    tape off 003.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 134
Lovely work Dan, love the weathering/chipping in the wheel wells, nice paintjob too. That canopy chipping looks great! 8)

It's looking brilliant Dan. I'm sure you'll get it all right in the end, and the wings, with the panel lines and varying panel shades, look superb! Great job mate. Just hope I can get my 1/48th one to look so good.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the confidence, but I am way over my head with the camo... If I had an airbrush that could get up close and personal, I might have a chance...

Time to experiment.... Wayne, u have any pointers on how to accomplish the spray over effect to make it look feathered???

I have an idea Les. Try I know it may be a little late, but do you still have that tape? (unlikely, I know) If you do, pop it back on and just lift the edges of the tape a little bit. That will allow some paint to seep out, but still keep the rough outline.

Dan, you could try the technique I described for Screaming Eagle in the '30 Years of Airframes'...' thread. Using a cotton bud, or maybe even a 00 or 000 brush, to go over the mottle 'spots'. Just a thought.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the confidence, but I am way over my head with the camo... If I had an airbrush that could get up close and personal, I might have a chance...

Time to experiment.... Wayne, u have any pointers on how to accomplish the spray over effect to make it look feathered???

I have an idea Les. Try I know it may be a little late, but do you still have that tape? (unlikely, I know) If you do, pop it back on and just lift the edges of the tape a little bit. That will allow some paint to seep out, but still keep the rough outline.

Cory is on the right track, a slightly raised template, someone has already posted something on this method....but where?...Ianlanc thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back