Done : JV44 Fw190D-9 "Red1" of Heinz Sachsenberg Gruppe Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres some.... RLM 82 is on... Just sat the canopy and gundeck on top for the shots...

Attachments

• camo 002.jpg
    camo 002.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 88
  • camo 004.jpg
    camo 004.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 82
This looks very, very good 8) Where do you get that blue tape from? It sounds like the kind of thing I need, I use conventional masking tape, and if it's left on just a moment too long, it takes paint with it when it comes off.

The tape causes the paint peeling off because you don't use a primer probably.What about washing a model up before a paint applying?

I have washed the 217, so that should help. I have considered using a primer, do you have any suggestions for what's best? I have white/light grey paint that would probably work well with the shades I am using (RLM 75/76).

The kind of primer depens on the kind of paints you want to use.For acrylic paints you can use the Gunze Sangyo primer ( white or light grey) also you can use a light grey Humbrol enamel instead of the Gunze one.
Oil enamels like Humbrol ones don't need primer acctually.
I don't know what kind of the masking tape you ussually use but I suggest the Tamiya one.

BTW Dan - the Dora gets better and better !!!!!

Wojtek beat me to it! I was trying to post the same, particularly about the tape, but the post wouldn't 'go'!
Rich, if you're bothered about the tape lifting the paint, run it between your finger and thumb first, just pressing gently. This will remove some of the 'tack'. For large areas, just use tape at the ends, the rest, cover/wrap in clingfilm. It saves a lot of tape (and money), and is easier and less time consuming/swear word provoking!!

Cheers chaps, I will try the clingfilm approach and see how it goes. I am planning to use enamels for the main colour scheme so may well just prime with a quick coat of light grey (not the dedicated primer , I nearly bought some yesterday, then didn't). Anyhoo, all this will be done over the next week or so, might have the wings on by this time next weekend (if I'm lucky!) 8)

And a tip for both you Dan and BombTaxi.It is easier to remove the paper masking tape if you put masked part into a warm (but not hot of course :lol:)water and leave for some minutes.Then take it out water and wait some time.The tape should start corrugating.Then you can remove it slightly.The way is excellent for cockpit conopies especially.

I really love the green Les.

In regards to tape, I've found that any sort of specialized painters tape doesn't lift up paint. I also have used this roll of clear fill tape, that's easy to cut into whatever shape you want, and that doesn't lift paint either.

Looks great, Dan. You can get that blue painter's tape at any hardware store. Home Depot or Lowes carry it. It doesn't work too good on balsa/tissue models...... it lifts the tissue !

Charles

Thanks Charles....

Ive got the RLM 83 on now, and have removed all my masking.... Ive got alot of feathering of the camo splotches to do, alot... The job came out great, and with what I was expecting, it surpassed my expectations...

And Im just about outta paint and thinner now.....

Thanks Charles....

Ive got the RLM 83 on now, and have removed all my masking.... Ive got alot of feathering of the camo splotches to do, alot... The job came out great, and with what I was expecting, it surpassed my expectations...

And Im just about outta paint and thinner now.....

Orange Grove Hobby shop here comes Danny Boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back