Euro 2012

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They did start very good. I was even considering them an outside shot to win it all. They just fell apart.

This protugese team must be the most annoying team ever. They fall every time a ball comes near, trying to get a free kick. They should be disqualified or something. I see Dan,eark came back to a tie again. Hope they'll get trough instead of these sons of bitches from Portugal.

The Port. Team reminds me of the Italians. Sorry about the Netherlands.

Yeah, well, they did not have the form they needed, didn't play bad, but not good enough. They were not good enough to go to the next round so it is fitting that they don't. But these portugese are really ..... I actually turned off the tv in the second half as I was really annoyed. I later saw the Dutch lost with 2-1. I hope these Portugese get their butts kicked in the quater final. They don't deserve to be in the tournament.

I think that since Germany has to keep bailing the Greeks out financially, the pretty much own the team. Greece should just forfeit the game as a payment. :lol:

Watching a great game, spain vs kroatia. Spain doesn't look good, kroatia a few times very close to a goal. If they make one, it'll be over for Spain.

Bummer, while typing this, Spain makes an offsite goal.

Last edited:
The Port. Team reminds me of the Italians. Sorry about the Netherlands.

Bad memory Adler: the Portuguese are not used to eliminate Germany every time they play.
The Italians do, at least since 1970... :) :) :)

PS: how's going old man? It's long time since I browsed this forum, actually stepped-in tonight casually. Glad to see the old nicks still active!

Last edited:
Not bad,

Too bad the Euro thread is so slow. Seems that me and Marcel are the only Footie fans here in the forum.

Edit: The Italians would not have beaten the Germans as many times as they have, had it not been for the diving and good acting. :lol:

We have a toto at my work. It appears that I predicted all known quater finalsup to now exactly right so I jumped from 31th place to the 8th yesterday (with about 500 contenders). Not bad at all :lol:

Ok, let me try to revamp the 3D with some new opinion...

Italy : decent team decently arranged on the field. Only 3 players with good feet, two of them are mental basket-cases (Balotelli and Cassano), one is just 5 years too old (Pirlo).
Main problem is that italins seems to have fuel only for one hour, in the last 30 minutes they walk on their knees.
Could win with UK or France if they are able to find that extra 30 minutes of gasoline, I see unlikely they can pass with Spain or Germany.

Spain : strong and complete, with both talents to play the ball and blacksmiths to hammer it when necessary. Potential issue is a kind of football-onanism like Barcelona: too often they play with arabesques and waste their superiority, and in football wasting opportunities often brings bad surprises.
Reminds me a bit of the 1970's Holland, that was probably the best team in the world but brought home nothing.

Germany: saw it very little (with DK), I had the impression they were always in control of the match. Well squared defensive block (although maybe a bit slow) and good forward section, definitely the other favorite with Spain. Weak point seems to be the central defenders are slow to recover if taken in velocity.

Portugal: watched with Denmark and a bit with Holland. Ronaldo is the only one who can make the difference, but overall the team is not bad. Nasty customer for everybody.

Greece: the Cinderella of the quarter finals, I think they did already their good job in passing the phase 1.

France, UK or Ucraine for tonight? I would say France will qualify, unless Ibra is in a special night and wins the match alone. Ukraine might be a surprise: could take a 'goleada' from UK or win the match.
France has a lot of talents, UK is mostly nerve-and-balls mixed with some wise tactics (since some year they learned how to play in defense), all in all I believe that this two will qualify tonight

Adler, what is this 'diving' obsession you have? I don't remember Italy ever scored on penalty or free-kick with germany, less than ever on something gained with a simulation. We actually had a (clear) penalty in favor in 1982 final, penalty that we promptly proceeded to waste. Besides, in that game there was no match, italians were in a state of grace.

Last edited:
Yes, the for diving, the Italians can learn something from Portugal. They're much better at it :)

Overall, nice analysis of the teams. I hope the Brits will do well. Has been some time since they did anything interesting on a major tournament.

Let's add: The Netherlands: only fuel for 30 minutes. Play like they are thinking of their girlfriends and what they will do with her after the game instead of focussing on the game. Luckily hte ordeal is over and they went home, good riddance :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back