Next Group Build Commonwealth/Night fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Neil, thanks. The Eaglecals schemes for Keltie and Cameron both reference that book. I may try to hunt down a copy for myself.

Someone posted a pic of Kelite's plane around here before but I can't remember where.

Hey Neil, thanks. The Eaglecals schemes for Keltie and Cameron both reference that book. I may try to hunt down a copy for myself.

Someone posted a pic of Kelite's plane around here before but I can't remember where.
I just got vol 1 from library so I see what I can do

Attachments

• IMG 1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I've been trying to think of a night subject Jan but:

- I'm not that keen to go and buy a new kit as my stash needs attention,
- I just finished a long 110 build and don't really have the stomach for another right now,
- I have a Revell Mosquito Mk IVB but it would need converting to an F version,
- I have a Revell Do 217E-4 but it would need coverting.

If anyone has ideas on what it would take to convert the Mosquito to a night fighter, I might consider it. Same with the Dornier but the body work and engines would require major work methinks.

If I get near to finishing to P-40 I might look into a night fighter, But I'm going to take it easy this GB. I'm starting to get a little burned out with 3 going at once on the BoB build. I'm glad I didn't start the Hurricane I was also planing on.

Andy, it's easier to get a kit of the Mosquito FBVI. Converting to a fighter from the bomber isn't too difficult, if that's the only choice. In fact, I intend to do just that if or when I can get a hold of the old Revell 1/32nd scale Mosquito BIV, but there's quite a bit of work to do on the nose, gun bay, canopy, entrance hatch and then the internal fittings. Not worth the effort in 1/48th scale, when there are two good kits on the market.
I doubt I'll be entering the next GB, as I've got quite a few things to finish, and other projects lined up, including two which i haven't started for the Bob GB ! But, if the Spit VIII for Max qualifies, I might bung it in.

I'm sure you can all relate to this:

I went out today to get a roll of wide Tamiya tape to make the masks for my Spit I. Got the tape, a bottle of flat black paint which I was low on, then bought an Osprey book on the Mosquito, found probably the only unwrapped copy of "Spitfire II: The Canadians" by Bracken left in town, which I picked up for just 30 bucks, and then was talked into getting the Tamiay He-219, which I'll throw into the GB.

So forget what I said in post 69.

Rob Bracken lived about 5 blocks away from anf I had the chance to see part of his photo collection it was fantastic , his knowledge about the different birds was IMHO umparalled , I never got to see the remainder of his pics as he passed away, NTW did they have Vol 1of his book

Those hobby shops can be dangerous places!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread