Post your stash!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ouch. Pretty cynical outlook. :( Pb, you are not one of these guys who owns a 12" black white tv, one knife, a spork and a can opener are you? :lol:

Ouch. Pretty cynical outlook. :( Pb, you are not one of these guys who owns a 12" black white tv, one knife, a spork and a can opener are you? :lol:
Nope , I have a house , car , garden kids running around , I guess I'm just lamenting how this site has morphed from a good learning site into a modelling site where I've got to wade through hoards of models to find an articl about aviation or even off topic. Now I don't mind looking at the odd model but its not the odd model i see but everyone that has been made in the western hemisphere its really hard to find stuff or knowledge on my first love aircraft.

Nope , I have a house , car , garden kids running around , I guess I'm just lamenting how this site has morphed from a good learning site into a modelling site where I've got to wade through hoards of models to find an articl about aviation or even off topic. Now I don't mind looking at the odd model but its not the odd model i see but everyone that has been made in the western hemisphere its really hard to find stuff or knowledge on my first love aircraft.

Honestly Neil, I can't tell if you are yanking our crank or if you are serious. I fully recognize that you see no utility in modelling with respect to expanding the knowledge base of WW2 aircraft, nor all aircraft in general for that matter. I have challenged you on this supposition in the past and felt that it was just a matter of us not agreeing. I can live with that... to each his own perspective.

But for you to knock the forum as a whole because there is a separate and distinctly partitioned modelling section is petty and well, frankly... beneath you as a very senior contributor. Many of our forum members enjoy both the highly popular modelling sub-forum, coupled with all the others. I know you don't give a rip whether I personally approve of your position or not, but the forum can be and is a robust place for enthusiasts to enjoy aviation history with an emphasis (for those interested) in modelling the same technology that we seek to expand upon our collective knowledge.

So recognizing that you have a negative opinion of the modelling section, I would ask that perhaps your time and resources would be better spent making positive contributions in non-modelling sections of this wonderful forum. Certainly this would benefit the forum overall.

I will take an action to talk with the other Mods to review the various sub-forums of wwaircraft.net. Perhaps your over-arching objective of "pruning the tree" might be in order based upon sub-forum popularity, relavance and forum mission. I'll make sure that conversation happens.

Kinda reminds me of that scene from "Throw Momma From the Train" when Danny DeVito wanted to show Billy Crystal his coin collection. Were his coins worth anything?

Neil, I have to disagree with your point about learning. Short Time-Line: I got divorced and decided I was gonna do what I WANTED especially things that made me happy. I loved to model as a kid. So I bought a model but didn't know how to make it accurate. So I bought some books. I read. I learned. I searched the web. I found this site. Now I read books, trying to learn more about WWII warbirds. The modelling? I've done one and a half completed models since joining and haven't touched one in 2 years. But I have a 'stash' that one day I may build one or two, some inhereited from my dad that I will pass onto the kids. Not saying you're wrong but it isn't exactly how you percieve it.

And a while ago, the Mods did recognize that the site may have come across as a 'modelling site' so we just changed the headers so that the Modelling Section isn't the first you come across but definately before the Sigs and errors and 1880s Aviation headers.

Last edited:
If that's what Neil (alright mate :wave: ) is worried about, this forum losing its WWII aviation....'thread', maybe a wee move about of things is a good idea.

As it is now, it looks like this, each with their own subforum(s)

New Announcements :: READ
Current:
Word War II Aviation:
Modeling Section:
World War II General:
Military Matters:
Other Eras:
Aviation Gaming:
Old Stuff:

Maybe if it looked like this,

Word War II Aviation:
World War II General:
Other Eras:
Military Matters:
Current:
Modeling Section:
Aviation Gaming:
Old Stuff:

This way, you'll get all what this forum is about at the top.... :)

If that's what Neil (alright mate :wave: ) is worried about, this forum losing its WWII aviation....'thread', maybe a wee move about of things is a good idea.

As it is now, it looks like this, each with their own subforum(s)

Current:
Word War II Aviation:
Modeling Section:
World War II General:
Military Matters:
Other Eras:
Aviation Gaming:
Old Stuff:

Maybe if it looked like this,

Word War II Aviation:
World War II General:
Other Eras:
Military Matters:
Current:
Modeling Section:
Aviation Gaming:
Old Stuff:

This way, you'll get all what this forum is about at the top.... :)

That's a good idea and rather simple to accomplish.

There's an even simpler way - just don't read the stuff which holds no interest!

True old boy! Just looking at myself, after joining this forum, kits has become more than kits to me, I used to do whatever decals came with the kits supplied from the manufacturer, nowadays, it's '13' that's I'm doing, doesn't matter ace or not, wrong or right side, they all got a story to tell. That's what's great about this forum, building kits or not, you're still bound to learn something, somehow... some of those kits that I want to do, after a certain subject, they're still today, almost 70 years after hostilies ended, Missing In Action, families are still wondering what happened to them.
That's how I found out about the He-111 that want to do, shot down, picked up by a Type VII submarine, only to be sunk with men and all! The same goes for the 1/32 Ju-88A-4 that I have, still to this day, MIA!

That's a good idea and rather simple to accomplish.
Just trying to keep everybody happe mate! :)

Pb's not going to leave. At least I certainly hope not. We'll make some changes to the forum structure to address his concerns. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

True! Anyone leaving this forum is a loss to the forum, Pb belong in that category.
Saying that, it's interesting to see how much the modelling part have florished, since it got more...space.
Me think that WWII aviation (or any aviation) and modelling pretty much walk hand in hand....

Well I'm certainly biased, because that is the catalyst for my interest since I was about 5. First models, then the library, then personally owned books, museums, internet, then forum(s) then relationships established therein.

If it wasn't for modelling, I wouldn't be able to count a Canadian who gets to take care of Marseilles' Bf 109 as a friend! :)

or ( I dare admit) a Swede in Scotland! :) Among all the many others here!!!

Right back at you mate!
Thanks to modelling and interest in aviation, plus other things, I've made some really great friends here! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back