Post your stash!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DSCF0002-158.jpg

Front pile:
1/48 B-29
1/48 Canberra B.2/B.20/B.62/B(I)6
1/48 B-57 Canberra
1/48 Fiat CR.42
1/48 F-86E Sabre
1/48 T-6G Texan

Rear pile:

1/48 Dornier Do 217E-5
1/48 Vickers Wellington Mk. III
1/48 Avro Lancaster B Mk. I/III
1/48 Sukhoi Su-7 BKL/BMK Fitter
1/48 MiG 21 MF (Eduard)
1/48 Bf 110G-2/R3
1/48 MiG 21PF
1/48 F-104C Starfighter
1/32 Bf 109K-4
1/32 Fw 190D-9

DSCF0004-130.jpg

1/48 Ju-52 3m/g4e
1/48 B-17F
1/48 B-17G
1/48 He-111H
1/32 Ju 88A-1
1/32 He-111P

DSCF0006-97.jpg

Left pile:

1/48 PBY-5 Catalina x2
1/48 PBY-5A Catalina x2
1/48 B-24D
1/48 B-24J

Middle pile:

1/48 Me-410B-1
1/48 B-26 Marauder
1/48 E/E Lightning F-1/F-1A/F-2/F-3 x2
1/48 S2B Buccaneer

Right pile:

1/35 M4A-1(76mm)W
1/35 Early Production Tiger I
1/35 3 in 1 Tiger I Late Production
1/35 Steyr tractor

Bottom left pile:

1/48 Mosquito NF Mk. XII/XVI
1/48 Mosquito B Mk. IV/PR Mk. IV
1/48 Crusader F-8J
1/48 F4U-5
1/48 F4U-5N

Bottom right pile:

1/48 TSR-2
1/48 Canberra PR.9
1/48 E/E Lightning F-2A/F-6
1/48 Buccaneer S-2/S2C/S20/SmK50

Think that I've got them all! :oops: :lol:

Hm, maybe we'll have to 'Raleigh' round, get a chain going, and see who ends in 'Triumph'.
I'll get me coat .......

Man I could find so many better things to do with my money.....at least $1000 there Duxford, Chino, Reading, ToM and you even get vitamin D

Each to their own Neil. Some spend money on cars, stamps, antiques, books, whatever, so if modelling is the hobby or collecting bug of choice, then so be it.

Only fun thing of those, would be the cars! :lol:
Best 'hands on' way to learn history, unless you're into re-enactment....or can afford the real things! ;) :lol:

Pb, you are party excrement. :lol:

A man can never have enough models. Seriously, if we all were about accumulating items that were only judged by others to increase in value over the course of time, what would that say about us in general. We'd all own precious metals/gems, live in filthy huts and wouldn't give a $hit about who we mate with.

I vote for 1/72nd models. And guns.

Pb, you are party excrement. :lol:

A man can never have enough models. Seriously, if we all were about accumulating items that were only judged by others to increase in value over the course of time, what would that say about us in general. We'd all own precious metals/gems, live in filthy huts and wouldn't give a $hit about who we mate with.

I vote for 1/72nd models. And guns.

SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbright:

So I don#t get it what is the point of a stash , its not like these are rare or out production so why does one have 1000#s of dollars tied up in something thats not convertible when you can go purchase one next day

I think the point is Neil, as with any purchase of any item, part of it is the immediate 'buy me now' appeal. Sometimes, there is a 'want' to build the particular kit straight away, and sometimes it's bought for future projects. As for purchasing one 'the next day', sadly, that is no longer always true. The days of kit manufacturers having a seemingly endless catalogue of products, always in stock year in year out, are long gone. Kits seem to be around for a limited period, then withdrawn, sometimes not re-appearing on the shelves until many years later, often at very inflated prices. I've lost count of the times when I've planned a series of builds, for example, Battle of Britain aircraft, with the intention of buying a kit, or kits, at 'sometime', only to find they are no longer available, often for many years, often never.
Now, if or when I can afford it, I'll buy a kit for a project which might not come to fruition for many years, my '56 Squadron' collection being a good example, rather than find the overall project has stalled due to lack of suitable kits.
Although I tend to agree that a huge 'stash' of kits may seem a bit strange, personally, I only ever have around 20 or so kits in stock at any one time, and some of those have been given to me as gifts, and will eventually be built.
There are certainly stranger, and harder to explain, collections of items on this planet, so I don't believe that an individual's 'stash' is any thing out of the ordinary, especially if the ultimate intention is to build them.
It's a hobby, and, for those who partake, it provides many things, from relaxation, the sense of achievement and satisfaction, to learning more about a period of history and the technology of the time.
I can think of a few 'hobbies' which cost a darned site more, without providing all of the above.

Well I disagree with the learning about history unless the models are used in a diorama , but it seems to me to be some sort of hoarding affliction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back