PTO Build Choices

Would it be possible to in some way add ribbons for each completed GB? Like the one below, the Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal, but as I said a ribbon instead, of course I suspect that they look different for the commonwealth, right? Opinions?
Just though that it could be fun, if it's too much hassle just ignore this post...:oops: :lol:

Jan, this wasn't really answered before, but I think it's a great idea. A ribbon can be awarded to every member who takes part in a group build and could either be displayed under their avatar or siggy.
BTW do Australian or New Zealand based a/c count in this GB? I'm doing an Aus based spit and maybe an OTU P-40.
 
:lol: Thanks Terry, but I wasn't sure if we were sticking to combat types. There's a beaut looking RAAF OTU P-40 I've been hanging out to build for awhile.
 
Got this today for Executive Officer, Lieutenant (Junior Grade) William N. Leonard's F4F-4 Wildcat (Bureau # 5244), "Black 13", VF-3, for his combat air patrol, that he flew during the morning of 4 June 1942 from USS Yorktown (CV-5).

DSCF0004-26.jpg
 
Nice one mate. How many is that you're doing for the PTO build then?
And I thought you said you were only going to the model shop for glue?!!
 
:oops: I did! :lol: As far as I know, I'll do Leonard's Wildcat, "Swede" Vejtasa's Dauntless aaand possibly "Butcher Bob's" Corsair, all depends on time etc....got the kits, it's just the bl*sted paint that I need now. I want to use Vallejo's, so I'll have to check to see which suits for what FS standard....(phew).
 
I have a question.

I wasn't going to do this build (waiting for the BoB and the Med) but just before my dad passed away he was working on a Devastator or a Dauntless - I have to find it. He had started and only did a few things but it got me thinking maybe I could finish it for this build. Could I do that or would it be acceptable? I'll post pics of where he left off as a starting spot.
 
I gotta find where I put it and see what I'm dealing with. He had only just started it so there isn't much done. And no heart strings pulled here. I just don't really have anything from that theatre.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back