Rocketeer's Spit V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LOL yeah we cheated and just cut them out when the frames were waterjet cut.Used precision cut washers to fill in the gaps when we hammerformed.holesaws work well too but watch your final size as they can be a bit wild.Especially in the bigger sizes.And yes a "lot" quicker than chain drilling..Hope to get out to the Man cave today..Been a rough one..

They do look cool in the living room, I'll start small BF panel, then complete the gauges panel, then frame 5 and 6 and so on. It will be in place between the dining table and sofa before she knows what happened:D

Thanks for the links Spits, I have a mallet and a block of hardwood, Rocketeer has shown me the way in living room construction, I guess I am set to go.

I went through the A58-27 blog last night and it is great work you are doing up there. If I was a little farther North than Sydney I would line up to volunteer my time in a flash. If there is anything I can do to lend a hand from down here let me know. I can always take my camera and a ruler to the MK VIII at the War Memorial in Canberra. Don't fancy my chances of getting that close to the old girl but a project such as yours might afford some privileges.

GWS

This winter, I will be fitting the cockpit vent (stbd side) as well as some more fittings and finishing the seat mount!

The Hurricane will have it's escape hatch fitted.

Now back in the 6 month we had camo and NO PICS and it was we need to wait 2 months.I am ready little boy :D.The work on yours and Deans looks most excellant :thumbleft: Cheers

Sorry chaps, been slow with it! The remaining jobs seem to take so long....anyway, to keep the fun going...here is a Mk5b I photoed having fun!!

Attachments

• spitlores.JPG
    spitlores.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 121
Picked up a few bits over the winter which should be fitted soon....a real CO2 U/c blow down bottle mount and a few small detail items. Been busy working on the messerschmitt too....Gary helped me remove the engine for electrical problem diagnosis and it is back in. I fly back from US shortly...literally as I am sat in Philly in the BA lounge as I write this.
I have been off the site for ages as my Mac would not let me on - something about malware and certs! Anyhoo, hope all are well....
I will be posting update pix on this thread covering progress on the Spit, Seafire and Hurri....

Attachments

• P1020864.jpg
    P1020864.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 93
Thought I had posted this but could not find it anywhere!

Anyway, I have finally finished a model of LA546, of which I have a large lump of cockpit in my Seafire...not made a model for years and this one took almost long as rebuilding a spit!!!
ps if anyone finds where I put it please let me know lol

Attachments

• P1020835.jpg
    P1020835.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 89
Had a busy few days, the Seafire was resprayed and I have fitted a few more gauges.

Attachments

• seafire1.jpg
    seafire1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 85
  • seafire.jpg
    seafire.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back