Rocketeer's Spit V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I shall have to see! Geedee and I usually stop posting pix of the whole ensemble for the 2 months preceding cockpitfest so that they have a bit of a debut (as it were!) at the event
cheers
Tony

I could do with the upper mounts that go on the cross tube. Tried to take some overspray off and it took all the paint off!

Currently fitting out the firewall with hydraulic tank, traps etc. The fuseboxes were fitted at the weekend. The big one in the photo came from a heavy crash landing of a Mk5 in the sea off Shoeburyness, sadly with the loss of the pilot. All the lettering for the various services is on it. It is sad but nice to re-use actual parts that remind us of the debt we owe to these brave aircrew.

Incidentally, this aircraft has also donated its IFF emergency switch unit, elevator trim wheel and cockpit door datum plate to my project

Attachments

• P1010324.JPG
    P1010324.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 141
Next job is fitting the original CO2 emergency bottle. Here it is. I am making a new handle by cutting two pieces of perspex, then creating a 'hollow' for the metal handle to go in then glueing two parts, paint and voila....hopefully!!!

Attachments

• P1010376.JPG
    P1010376.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 132
Looks good Tony! I'm to the point where I have to start thinking about making all the miscellaneous bits for my 47

its nice fitting the small details....I am putting a .38 S&W Victory revolver in the map case....

CO2 bottle finished will be fitted tomorrow....

Attachments

• P1010377.JPG
    P1010377.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 151
yes, i suppose it shows!!! I used a minicraft to create a void for the metal strip of the handle (in one half, superglued the two parts together around the handle and then used a engraving bit to do the words....quite fun and not too bad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back