Rocketeer's Spit V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its brass too as is the retaining screw. Come over to UK and I will take you thru them all!!!

Attachments

• spade1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 100
  • spade2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 200
  • spadey.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 123
That's great Tony, thanks!!

I will take you up on that one of these fine days.

I will finish retouching the one in my cockpit now.

I will probably paint the spadegrip barrel holder an aluminium as well..that looks like it wasn't painted, covered or chnaged, I seem to recall one of the Spits in "Piece of Cake" had the "silver" colour around whols gunbutton holder part of the Spade.

I think I am right in saying that the spade grip was a magnesium alloy?

cheers

Darryl

Last edited:
Mk1 to 5 Spitfires had round buttons (the black one in my phots). Later and cannon armed had the rectangular gun button (see my website Mk5).

Spit spade grips are magnesium alloy, painted satin black

For the Mk1, I have sourced a round top for my reflector....very pleased!!!

Ordered some more parts to day.

Attachments

• P1050486.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 93
Just had some of the first parts made for the Mk1 cockpit.....the yellow parts are the complex curves that go at the top of the instrument panel (the gun sight bracket bolts to it), the top hats go above the datum longeron (near throttle). The second photo shows the spare gun sight bulb holder with 3 'new' bulbs still in original packing!

I have also taken delivery of my shrinker/stretcher so will be getting on with that part of the build soon (Frame 8)

Attachments

• spit1.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 95
  • spit2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 191
Will it be at Legends ?

Looking good dude, good to see you back in the swing of building !

Cheers guys...Got some new stuff coming in for the Mk1....hope to be able to report early next week....I am hoping to create most frames myself so if I get good enuff can offer them out!!

The instrument panel for the Mk1 has arrived...as has the perspex for the windscreen

Attachments

• spit.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread