Tiger I. Kursk Armor Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice little build Glenn

may I suggest this site and go to the German armor forum as well as check out the unreal galleries for camo on Tigers and what not.

Missing-lynx.com - homepage

enjoy guys this site needs a good going over............slowly for you armor tech heads

P7062263.JPG
After much work here it is. The new improved commander's cupola. I am much happier with this one. It looks to be the proper height, and the raised lip Terry had me add makes it look much more realistic. Thanks again Terry!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I am having fun with this one, and all it's cost me is 4$ for the Airfix kit and a copule of can's of Miller High Life (Ok 1 can of Miller. The second was just an excuse to open up another one!) Who needs to spen 40 bucks on a new high tech kit! :lol:

I thought this pic of some model Tigers might interest you Glenn. They're slightly larger than yours, from Mk1 Tanks.....

Attachments

• tiger-1-3030b.jpg
    tiger-1-3030b.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 87
P7102265.JPG
P7102267.JPG
I've got the Tiger just about ready for paint. Tonight I added the air ducts on the rear deck made from 14 gage copper wire with hold down brackets made from that indispensable beer can aluminum. There was 4 times as much coper wire waisted than the amount that ended up on the Tiger due to bad bending of the tricky compound curve as it comes around the back. Also, I noticed in pictures that the exhaust shields on most Tigers were rather dented up so I mangled mine up some what. If I can find some time tomorrow I'll spray the whole thing with a coat of paint.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Its been fun trying to detail the little bugger but to tell you the truth at this point I'll be glad to get back to something a little bigger..... like my Thunderbolt cockpit! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back