What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad to hear everything has gone well Maria. I hope the soup she had was better than the gruel they served me the last time I paid the Hospital an unexpected visit, blech!!!

Thanks guys - and Bucksnort: I think it might be, danish hospital food is generally good quality.

Well - mom got back home today. *happyHAPPYhappyHAPPYhappyHAPPYhappyHAPPYhappy*
I went to visit dad today around lunchtime (12), and mom had called - she was on her way home, she had gotten hold of a taxi.
I made some coffee for us all, when I looked out the kitchen window, a taxi had pulled up and the driver was gently helping mom get out of the car.
I told dad, and then I went down to help mom with her stuff - y'know: Bathrobe and whatevs.
It is so good to have her home again.
And I could really feel that mom and dad were very very happy about it as well - they were both in a terrific mood today.
After we've had coffee, mom asked me if I would like to do a little shopping for them, and of course I did that.
We made a grocery list and I was given some money with the explicit order of spending it - yes Ma'am, and off I went!
When I returned a few hours later, mom and dad had had a much needed nap, and they both looked way better than earlier - they needed that. Damn, mom had a three-hour nap, she needed it!
Later we made dinner together the three of us, and when we've had coffee afterwards, I went home.
I could tell that they were both tired, so I figured that leaving them in peace would be a good thing.
Damn it's so good to have mom back home again! *hops around all over the place*

Nothing like coming home after a hospital visit. Don't care how much lying around and resting one does in the hospital, it's always much more relaxing to rest and recover at home. Once again, glad to hear all is well.

Feel that I should mention this.

As I've mentioned some time ago, I enjoy dancing. Well, I went to a three-day break earlier this month hosted by the very person who inspired me to take it up in the first place. She and her professional partner taught some wonderful classes, chatted to everyone and performed a wonderful cabaret show. But the best part of the entire break was that I actually got to dance with her. I know they say never meet your heroes, but I'm so glad I did, as she was so lovely about it and very down-to-earth. Officially the best moment of my life.

Andy

I had 4-5 ml of fluid extracted from the tip of my right elbow today, and added a protective bandage with foam padding built in.
That is: On the outside!
That was such a huge relief!
My sweet phys added a shot of corticosteroid to make the little sac-thingy inside contract and settle back into place.
The pain shooting from the elbow into my forearm is gone, and so is the buzzing feeling in my forearm, upper arm and shoulder - reeeeeeeeelief! *happy bouncing around*
Phewwwwwww!

And more importantly:
Mom is feeling better and better day by day, that's so good to see.
Dad's still working with his physcian to sort things out, so things are moving slowly but surely in the right direction.
Thank God, and thank you so very very much for your well-wishes and support.
*hugs the gang tight*

Users who are viewing this thread