**** DONE: 1/24 P-40 - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
Username: ccheese
Name: Charles
Category: Judge - Non-competing
Scale, 1/24
Manufacturer: Guillows
Aftermarket: None, out of the box build

I'm going to jump into this GB with a rubber powered, balsa/tissue, P-40. I'm going to do this one as a Russian lend-lease
unit. I'm not certain, but I think this is a P-40E. My problem is going to be decals, but I think my Polish friend can do the
stars and numbers in Photo-Shop.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0314.JPG
    DSCN0314.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow balsa model. Really looking forward to watching this one.
I tried to build a 6ft wingspan B-17 (RC) and gave up due to my lack of non traditional building skills.

Glad you're back in a group build Charles. I've only built a couple of balsa models and that's one of them. I remember sitting on top of the shed, winding up the rubber band up and seeing how far it would fly. The painting on the box is a P-40M although the kit itself could be different.

Charles, if the kit is a P-40M and you want a P-40E, it's a very simple change in a balsa model. Just move the rudder post at the extreme aft end of the fuselage forward so its just a touch behind the hinge point of the elevators. The only other difference is to not put on those vent on either side of the nose aft of the spinner.

Glad to see you back in the GB Charles looking forward to your build.

Sorry to report, but construction is going to be delayed. I have to go back into surgery this Thursday, to remove the catheters in my chest. The fistula, in my arm, has matured enough for the RN's at the dialysis center to use all the time. So the TDC comes out. I'm told it's a 45 minute procedure. Maybe by the week-end I'll feel like modeling. Thanks for the encouragement.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back