****DONE: 1/32nd scale Beaufighter VIF, 46 Sqn RAF, Egypt 1943 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm still catching up with all these build threads Terry, I've just read this one from page 1, feck me but you've been busy! Fantastic scratchbuilding mate! :notworthy:

Thanks very much indeed chaps, as always, it is very much appreciated. It could be better in parts, being a bit on the 'heavy' side here and there, and with some areas, such as the rear equipment frame, only done as representations. But as most of it will only be seen as shadows, the idea is to provide an ullusion of something being there. The cockpit should, I hope, be a little bit better, as that is visible.

I'm lost for words Terry so my praise will be total gibberish unbelevabubblingtastical
Im real glad you've become one of my model mentors after seeing that wonderful work.
What do you use a bloody electron microscope? :D

Thanks guys. Been feeling a bit rough the last two days, so not much done.
Work has commenced on the cockpit, starting with the pilot's seat. Most kits, and the recent flood of pics from the Duxford restoration project, show a painted metal seat, without any upholstery. However, the Duxford machine is a DAP produced Beau, and most pics I've seen of British-built Beaus show a seat with an upholstered back, not that different to that offered in the kit. But, the kit part is too high, and has an upholstered pan, which is inccorect. So, a couple of quick saw cuts, some sanding, and the addition of some plastcic card, transformed the seat into a better representation of the type fitted to the Beau, with the folding back rest.
PICS1 to 3 show the seat being modified.
PIC 4 shows the seat harness added from metal foil, taken from a wine bottle, and it is awaiting painting.
PIC 5. This is the scratch-built work done so far, adding the radio selector and other equipment to the port cockpit sidewall. The starboard side will receive similar treatment, then it's the turn of the the side consoles, with throttle and pitch controls, trim controls, compas etc., and a scratchbuilt instrument panel. The kit panel is shown in the first pic, alongside the seat.
Thanks again for your interest and comments.

Attachments

• MTO Build 101.jpg
    MTO Build 101.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 161
  • MTO Build 131.jpg
    MTO Build 131.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 161
  • MTO Build 134.jpg
    MTO Build 134.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 156
  • MTO Build 144.jpg
    MTO Build 144.jpg