**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not a great pic but at least its your "Cat" Vic
source : RAAF Camouflage and Markings 1939-1945 Vol.1

Attachments

• pby.jpg
    pby.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 140
Bu**er me Karl, what a star you are and you have saved me making a big mistake as I was on good authority going to fit the double cannon bubble turret in the forward position, but as can be clearly seen, it's fitted with the flat turret. So thanks mate, I owe you.

And here are said injection marks, the biggest I have ever seen.

Attachments

• 101201-1A.jpg
    101201-1A.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 101201-1B.jpg
    101201-1B.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 157
Thought I'd give the bomb craters a rest for a while and for some reason, I don't really know why, but I decided to see if I could improve the bulkhead waterproof doors.

101204-1A.jpg

Here you can see that I've made a start, by gently scribing around the inside edge of the door frame.

101204-1B.jpg

The door is cut out and a few improvements made.

101204-1C.jpg

Now the $64,000 question, will I do the others, will it be worth the effort.

101204-1D.jpg

Well as you can see, another one has been cut out, so 1½ down, one to go. But then again, I could go the whole hog and make an additional bulkhead, naturally with the door open, just for the hell of it.

I like it ! Yeah, go on, go on, go on! It'll let light through the hull, and even if all of the internal detail can't be fully seen, at least some of it will show, and give an impression of reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back