**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again guys, glad you like it.:p :p :p

It's been another good day in the hanger, this time I've made the minuscule anchor and removed the anchor compartment hatch, so things are looking up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• 101212-1A.jpg
    101212-1A.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 101212-1B.jpg
    101212-1B.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 119
And "snap"!
Just like that, an anchor!!!!!!!!!

None of your 'Chocks Away' with this on Bill..........................more like 'Full Steam Ahead'...............:p :D :p

We have a GB winner in the making here guys.

Awesome work Vic!

Coming from you Andy, that's the ultimate accolade...................thanks mate. :oops: :oops: :oops:

i'm glad you've moved up a group Vic , dont want to compete with this one !!!!

Thanks for the complement mate, but it's the completed model that counts..............and we've a long way to go yet and I could be tearing my hair out by then. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
A little more progress today folks, started on improving a second bulkhead, this one sits at the back just forward of the gunners side blisters so should be quite visible. As you can see, I decided to actually put one seat down and also add a couple of extras.

The seat cover has a genuine leather texture, a bit of artificial seat covering from my cabinet making days so it will have to be covered when paint time comes. :p :p :p

101213-1A.jpg

The original bulkhead

101213-1B.jpg

101213-1C.jpg

With a few little extras and a real seat.

OK, I give in - where did my reply go?!
Looking brilliant Vic, what I can see so far. Some of the pics won't open, and others took ages - forum seems to be misbehaving at the moment, hence my opening statement!

Thank you again gentlemen for your kind comments. Had a slack day yesterday, Christmas got in the way as it will again in the coming days.

Have been working on a third bulkhead today, this one is at the back of the cockpit behind the pilots seat and can be seen on both sides through the top of the cockpit, so I figure it's worth a bit of effort.

101215-1A.jpg

This is the kit bulkhead directly behind the pilot facing forward.

101215-1B.jpg

101215-1C.jpg

Have added a new top section with a few details. Sorry about the line in the second picture, it's Sellotape on the bottle of white spirit that I used for a prop.

101215-1D.jpg

This is the flipside facing rearward and had little going for it. I've made a start with some hydraulic piping and a bit of heavy electrical wiring coming from the control panel on the forward side. With luck, will be doing more work on this tomorrow.

Very nice work Vic! Going to have to invent a new phrase - instead of scratch-built, it should be Vic-built!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back