**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And the latest from the Vic-U-Formed studio.........................
happy-111.GIF

Spent much of the day on the flip side of the cockpit bulkhead with the following results.

101216-1A.jpg

101216-1B.jpg

It still needs a little bit of work on it, mainly just cleaning it up and I have to make a couple more extinguishers. Won't be doing much tomorrow though as were off out to one of our local wineries for a spot of lunch and whatever....................................may have to sleep when returned home.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Did a test fit of all the bulkheads today and closed it up to see how it all fits what was visible through the windows and cockpit canopy. The fit was good....:D...... but the radio operator and navigators compartment which is very visible is just an empty space.....:!:....... so have decided to work on filling it with a few things, wish me luck. So lots of work ahead and will post pictures as I progress....:|....:|

Thank you Jan, but I think one is enough for me and thank you Aaron, much appreciated.

Today was an unexpected bonus as a family event was cancelled which gave me a day at the workbench which was good as I've made a start on the compartment behind the cockpit. I've added some construction ribs across the floor and up the side walls, added floor walkways between the two bulkheads and hashed up a navigators table.

I did a test fit of the bulkheads and closed up the fuselage yesterday. All seemed to fit well enough.

Attachments

• 101219-1A.jpg
    101219-1A.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 101219-1B.jpg
    101219-1B.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 101219-1C.jpg
    101219-1C.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 144
Thanks folks, you won't believe the fun I'm having.

As for today, it's been trial and tribulation, but in the end triumph. The pic below is the sole result of a day's work, just a couple of chairs, one each for the navigator and radio operator. These are the result of several attempts and modifications and still need some work to polish them off. Maybe tomorrow after a shopping outing.

Attachments

• 101220-1A.jpg
    101220-1A.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back