**** DONE: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking real good Bill. Isn't that paint scheme the standard Olive Drab and Neutral Gray?

I reckon, but not being able to get MM, which OD? Which MM OD do you use #1711, 2050, 2051?, I'll see if I can cross refrence it.

Vic, verrrrry careful hand cut over a lamp to see the frame. This glass happens to have very clear lines.

Thanks Wurger.

Question.............
I have see a shadow on some pictures, but am unsure.
Can someone confirm if there is, or is not a visible seam on tyhe N version P-40, with screw heads on the aft side located as in this rendering?

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-12.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 84
Very good question Bill, profiles tend to show the panel line but there damn hard to see on any pictures, though the ones I have just squinted a too seem to indicate you have a 50/50 chance of being correct………………………

According to the references for the P-40 variant the panel line you marked is shown incorrectly. The layout of these panel lines at the tail area was different from the one in the profile. And I agree with Vic I all pictures of the P-40 variant the panel lines there are noticable barely or at all even if it's a kite of the NMF.

Setteled then. I'll have to fill the seam of the tail piece in the kit.
I just didn't know if the N had an extension to make the long tail and didn't try to hide the seam.
I've started the filling.

Thanks to all of you.

Next question is the antenae wires.

By the illustration is th mian wire connection to the fuselage by 1 or 2?
Are these othe two whip antennae, 3 and 4, part of the RAAF planes, like this version I am building, as well as Andies?

And more like the photo, the lead wire off the main wire?

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-13.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 133
  • GB20-1d P-40-13b.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 90

Bill, according to my references the antenna wire should go as it shows the number 1 in your diagram. Also the number 3 is correct. The location of the number 4 is incorrect. It should be attached on the fus bottom but in front of the tail wheel bay.
Also I enlarged the posted above picture with the four P-40s in and I have added my notices there. I hope it can help.

Users who are viewing this thread