DONE: Avenger I 832 Sqd FAA, HMS Begum Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Paul!

Been a while since my last update, but I've been chipping away. Finished the cockpit, some of the engine, still have to do the front, but I wanted to get painting so I did as little of it as I could get away with. :lol: The fuselage is together now and the white is painted for the white ID bands. I will mask those of today and paint the sky on the bottom later on.

Change of plans as I post, I got invited to a friend's house so we'll have to see about painting. I'll post pictures of the Corsair II later.

DSCN0815.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0822.jpg

Looking good mate. It looks like you may have painted the bomb bay and engine bay in yellow zinc chromate; it's too late for the engine bay, which should be light grey on Avenger I's, but it can't really be seen anyway. The bomb bay on Avenger I's was painted in Interior Green, but you'll be able to do this (if you have painted it yellow) later, as there is easy access to the bay when the doors aren't fitted.
The reason mine's zinc chromate is because it's an Eastern Aircraft built Avenger II.

Thanks guys!

Ah, alright Terry. That should be easy to fix, and you can't really see into the cowling very well anyway. I have to re-paint the inside of that outer section with the inlet as it got white all inside of it, so that should help disguise the error! As you've probably noticed, I've been following yours pretty closely as I don't know a ton about the Avenger.

I didn't get anything else done as I didn't get home until 10 minutes ago.

Thanks guys!

Dan, it's the same camera! I don't know what happened to make it turn out so well! :lol:

I found a macro setting, but I'm not sure if I had turned it on by that point or not.

Oh, and as a side note, I DID make a fourth seat, but I kept knocking it out so I left it out until the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back