***DONE: Bell p-39N Airacobra 42-18393 "Millie" 350th FG 346th FS Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys - very much appreciated.

I have a little more work to do, on reflection I was a bit heavy with the wash, so I might see if I can redo this - it was water based after all, so I'll see. 8)

I'll take the photos next weekend if the weather keeps on being sunny and clear.

I made the base very basic indeed. I grabbed a piece of ply from the scrap pile and stuck some "instant" lawn to that. I grabbed a roll of it at the LHS for a few bucks in the railway section, which has lots of good diorama type materials as you would expect. Too easy!.

I hope you like it.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• millie base - resized.jpg
    millie base - resized.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 130
  • millie on base - resized.jpg
    millie on base - resized.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 938
Handy stuff, those rolls/mats of 'grass'. It's also available as a 'hairy mat', the 'static grass', already glued to the backing, which stands up like blades of grass. On both versions, if you want to make bare patches, just dampen the required areas and scrape off the 'grass' - keep this, as it can be used to simulate rough patches, weeds etc. The bare areas can be painted and textured as required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back