Rocketeer's Spit V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just had the plate for the Mk V engine limitations engraved....I need to swap it out for the Merlin III plate currently in the Mk V so it can go in the Mk 1. Real pain that!!! I have a MkV fuel selector in the Mk46 and a Mk1/II fuel selector in the MkV!! So need to fit my new Mk46 selector in the 46 and domino it all down!!!

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 92
Very Nice Tony!!

So what colour exactly are you going to paint the Mk I Main Panel?

Also, if there is a chance of you getting me a Mk V cockpit plate done for the Merlin 45, could you PM me mate.

Love this stuff. Chris did a brilliant black/white plastic copy for me but that one of yours looks fantastic!

Darryl

the plate cost £25 with £20 more for engraving....dunno how much he usually asks! will try and find out.
Today worked hard on frame 8 - had to order more tools.

the plate cost £25 with £20 more for engraving....dunno how much he usually asks! will try and find out.
Today worked hard on frame 8 - had to order more tools.

Cheers Tony,

That would be great..."you know who" wants 75 quid, unengraved...

You can definitely count me in for one at anywhere near the 40-50 quid mark.

Darryl

Last edited:
Well, had monday off and had some fun with the new shrinker stretcher.....made the diaphragms for frame 8, and the hoop that goes around the instrument panel. To cut the holes for frame 8, I ordered 1 3/4 punch and 3/4 1 3/4 inch flarers - expensive stuff but will be correct.

Attachments

• IM000508.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IM000509.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 98
Received my two new flarers today.....did the top flange for frame 8 - the black tool punches the holes, the shiny ally one flares the hole - good fun

Attachments

• P1050536.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 100
Mate...its good to see you back into the 'Lets build a Spitfire' frame of mind (pun intended !). Let me know when you need some help with riveting !

Thanx Chaps.....wont be rivetting for a few weeks....still creating the kit of parts! Today was a poor day, spit wise; folded some U channel to stretch for the frame 8 horseshoe; did a spare length....which I ruined. Hey ho. Took the remote contactor brackets to the engravers. I finished the drawings for the Merlin engine stand and took them to the fabricators. Frame 8 is a labour intensive job!

work to remove his hat, to be sure you have good space and both monetary and technical capacity and tools for this project as well, here in Spain we say you do a job, "I wake me envy healthy", great job

Last edited:
Pix of the spitfire's perspex and also the making of my compass bowl....the formers for the base of the bowl as well as two units from 2 spitfires shot down in the Battle of Britain are shown

Attachments

• P1050642.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 128
  • P1050645.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 136
  • P1050638.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 124
  • P1050639.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 131

Users who are viewing this thread