Caproni Ca 311 Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice little second build choice Dwight, like you I think the first colour scheme will look great and I can just tell you want to have the scorpion in there somewhere.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks guys. The paints just arrived today. :)

Construction is well underway - gotten a lot done so far. Here's the status:

Bomb bay is finished (Frame is flat aluminum, bombs are olive drab)
Still cleaning off the injector studs on the interior (there's 8 of them that need to be removed)
Engines painted and interior of engine cowlings airbrushed. Engines drybrushed.
Engine exhausts drilled out and airbrushed burnt iron. (Not sure if I will over spray them with rust or not)
Wheel wells airbrushed
Tires and wheels airbrushed - working on landing gear
Rear wings assembled - sans flaps
Seats painted and mated to the cockpit floor - need to add the forward console and control yoke

Pics to follow later today or early tomorrow. Batteries on my camera are dead and I need to recharge them.

Some pics as promised:

Pic 1: Engine cowlings with engines, exhaust pipes and props (center hub of props need to be overpainted silver). Exhaust pipes were drilled out by hand.

Pic 2: Upper Turret ready for assembly, Main cockpit floor with seats, center console and control yolk - additional details not shown and Bomb bay (assembled)

Pic 3: Main canopies - masking in progress

Pic 4: Rear wing underside with flaps - painted before assembly and fuselage interior, with side windows shown.

Back to work. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0360v2.JPG
    IMG_0360v2.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0363v2.JPG
    IMG_0363v2.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0364v2.JPG
    IMG_0364v2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0367v2.JPG
    IMG_0367v2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 100
Yup. I've been maksing my Bf 110 canopy the last two evenings and still not done. Can't do too much at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back