De Havilland Mosquito

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ajcmac

Airman 1st Class
Aug 29, 2009
Vila Real
With the gekko finished I started another model. Another Tamiya 1/48. A De Havilland Mosquito.

Mosquito01.gif

Cockpit with Interior Grey Green - Tamiya XF-5 (1) + XF-21 (3) and XF-65 (1).
Lights with the same colour with a litle Yellow (XF-3) and shadows with a litle of Dark Green (XF-27).

Mosquito07.gif

Mosquito13.gif

Mosquito14.gif

Mosquito15.gif

Mosquito16.gif

The ejector-pin marks.

Mosquito10.gif

Mosquito11.gif

Mosquito12.gif

Beautiful and inspiring work.

I see that kit will be on sale at Squadron next month. I marked it in the flyer as one I would like to get.

Now I will for sure.

tom

Nice paint work on the internals there. Hopefully it'll all show up well when the canopy glazing is fitted.

Good timing for this thread for me as I've just made a start on my Revell 1:48 Mosquito BIV.

The cockpit assembly looks remarkably similar, not just the obvious that it's a Mossie, but the way the kit parts are made and assembled seems identicle. The Revell kit is newly tooled so I wonder if it is partly from the Tamiya kit?

Anyway, I'd be interested to see if you have any problems fitting your forward fuselage halves together as I'm having major problems with mine.

Last edited:
Nice paint work on the internals there. Hopefully it'll all show up well when the canopy glazing is fitted.

Good timing for this thread for me as I've just made a start on my Revell 1:48 Mosquito BIV.

The cockpit assembly looks remarkably similar, not just the obvious that it's a Mossie, but the way the kit parts are made and assembled seems identicle. The Revell kit is newly tooled so I wonder if it is partly from the Tamiya kit?

Anyway, I'd be interested to see if you have any problems fitting your forward fuselage halves together as I'm having major problems with mine.

For the moment i do not have problems fitting any part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back