**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, your comments on the colour were very helpful so I've reverted to the smoky grey/black but have hand painted. Also put other half of camo on today so hope to have pics later.

As for the diorama, it's coming along but there's one hell of a lot of paper cutting going on so no pisc as yet.

As mentioned above, here is the latest progress shot. All I have to do now is make it look dirty, sea blown, sand blasted and overworked.................that should be easy.........

I intend to give it a spray of 'One Go' first then will work on the weathering and panelling but this will have to wait until it cools down a tad or two. It was 43C yesterday and a little cooler today at 41C, goodness knows what it would have been in the shed.

Attachments

• 110201-1A.jpg
    110201-1A.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 115
It's our equivalent to 'Future', for some reason they (Johnsons) decided 'One Go' was a better name though I have a feeling that though it is a floor polish/wax, it's not got the same properties as 'Future".

Like your new siggy Jan.

My thanks gentleman. Progress slowing at the moment, did get to work on panel lines today and some more work on the diorama. Have been cutting out palm fronds, very fiddly and time consuming but the coconut palms I have made are looking quite good. Hope to get some weathering done tomorrow, having looked at many pics from the Australian War Memorial, these Cats were worked hard and appearance was secondary to serviceability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back