**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't tell me - you're working out a way to put milk in the coconuts!

Now there's food for thought.........................

My partner thinks I do too much glue sniffing, and I was almost caught in the act...............Though my preference is for felt tipped pens............
110204-1A.jpg
110204-1B.jpg
110204-1C.jpg
110204-1D.jpg
here I'm fiddling with the foliage for the model display setting the fronds onto the palm trunks.

110204-1E.jpg
Not only is it still hot but now it's chucking it down, nigh on 50mm in 1½ hours.

The trees are looking very good, but that work bench is far too neat and organised!
Nice pic of the average weather here in my town !

That was my thought to Terry but it is looking nice there Vic.:thumbleft:

Thanks guys, comedians and all...................

At last it's cooled enough to get into the shed and do a bit of spraying. So after a couple of days working on weathering it was on with a coat or two of 'One Go' and then today on with the decals and fitment of the wing and tail fins. Fitting the main wing was a bit of a drams, first I had to wire it up and tuck the connections into the wing before any fitting could take place and guess what..............the damn thing would not sit correctly so some filing and conniving which resulted in me snapping of one of the wire connections. This proved traumatic as I had to reconnect on a very short lead so that the connections could be tucked into the wing to test the dry fit.

110207-1A.jpg

110207-1B.jpg

110207-1C.jpg

Happily in the end all worked out and the wing is now set and the lights working on a test run.

110207-1D.jpg

110207-1E.jpg

This little fellow frightened the bejesus out of me the other morning when I opened the shed after a night of heavy rain. For the uninitiated, it's an Blue Tongue and harmless but very partial to the odd million snails, so I hope he hangs around as I have a veritable smorgasbord of them in the garden.

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne and Harrison, at first I thought I had a big brown Jo Blake in the shed but luckily no or I'd have been a quivering wreck now.

That is a Kerrrrakker of a build mate...... Can't wait to see in in the flesh!

Them critters are so solid! Had to pick one up and take it out of my in-laws garage. They were jumpin around like rabbits. The are pretty cool garden snail killers.

Man, that's looking sweet Vic! The paint turned out really nice. I' glad I don't have to contend with little friends like that around here. All we have here are demented squirrels, although we did have a cougar wander into the neighborhood a few years ago that scared the c**p out of some people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back