**** DONE: 1/48 Tamiya Heinkel He-219 WNr 290123 of 1/NJG 1 Nightfighter GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

best i've got so far Andy.
great job on the cockpit as well

Attachments

• Clipboard06.jpg
    Clipboard06.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
The wing warp has been fixed - more or less. The plastic struts helped a bit, but since I had to taper the ends to fit between the wing halves, the reduced strength of the shallower struts was not enough to completely overcome the force built into the warp. To counter this, per Terry's suggestion, I taped the wing to an aluminum angle to hold it straight and then proceeded to glue the seams:

110116 Wing Braced.jpg

The results are not too bad as seen by the pic below. There's now a bit of an 'S' in the wing that won't be too evident to the naked eye but the straightness has been very much improved:

110116 Wing Warp Fixed.jpg

Dry fitting the engine cowl reveals an odd little molding fault that needs attention. The excess plastic where the leading edge of the wing meets the cowl needs to be removed:

110116 Cowl Fit.jpg

That's it for today - 4 days actually as I'm off to the Great White North again for meetings at a construction site. I'll be back Friday but will watch the forums while away. See you then.

Great stuff Andy. That's only just visible in a photo with a straight edge next to it, so no chance of spotting it 'in real life'.
Darn! I should have sent you the magazine article on the build, as it mentions and shows that leading edge step!
Hope things go well on the trip.

You did send me that article Terry and it does mention the step as you say. Easy fix.

The article also mentioned the gaping hole at the back of the wheel well which the author also took a bit of license on. No pictures to dispute it ayway!

Terry, you send so much helpfull stuff to so many people that you have an excuse for losing track of it!

I just took these last couple if shots so you're caught right up to where I will pick up again Friday.

Pic 1 shows one of the plastic card bulkheads glued in. A bit of CA glue was needed to fill the gapo at the top - hard to get it exactly right when cutting. Of course there was an ejector pin mark right on top of one of the ribs in the nacelle, seen here with a bit of putty to fix it. No details on the bulkhead yet.

Pics 2 and 3 show the Schrage Musik installed. The MK108 barrels were drilled out as these will be the only parts you see once the cover is glued on. Consequently, I didn't spend much time detailing the MK108s. The barrels will need a bit of paint and that's it. The second pic shows the cover on (dry fitted only). Also seen is some CA glue yet to be sanded down along the seam and over some sink marks.

Attachments

• 110116 Wheel Well Bulkhead.jpg
    110116 Wheel Well Bulkhead.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 110116 SM Cover Off.jpg
    110116 SM Cover Off.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 110116 SM Cover On.jpg
    110116 SM Cover On.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back