**** DONE: 1/48 Tamiya Heinkel He-219 WNr 290123 of 1/NJG 1 Nightfighter GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Woulda been harder with that one Aaron. The one I used juts had the fins/tubes in one direction so I dind't have to deal wiht a perpendicular grid.

Got the cockpit as done as it's gonna get and buttoned the fuselage together.

First two pics show the completed right and left halves, respectively. Final 4 pics show the pit with the sides glued together. Please pardon the clamps. One the left side of the pit in the R/O's position, the stuff below the oxygen hose is all scratch built from card. The light brown patch is a holster for a flare pistol.

The close-ups once again reveals a repair needed. The top edge of the R/O's switch box has some wave pattern in it that I'll need to fix.

Attachments

• 110114 Cockpit Right.jpg
    110114 Cockpit Right.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 110114 Cockpit Left.jpg
    110114 Cockpit Left.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 124
  • 110114 Cockpit 1.jpg
    110114 Cockpit 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 110114 Cockpit 2.jpg
    110114 Cockpit 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 110114 Cockpit 3.jpg
    110114 Cockpit 3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 158
  • 110114 Cockpit 4.jpg
    110114 Cockpit 4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
That is Nice Andy! :thumbleft: and I love the way you got around the switch panel;good thinking.Cheers

Thanks guys.

Help needed to fix the warped wing (uncharacteristic of Tamiya - again). Suggestions requested.

I've heard of methods but never actaully tried any, other than a nail rammed up the middle of my Monogram Mustang wing.

Attachments

• 110115 Wing Warp.jpg
    110115 Wing Warp.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 107
Always a tricky one this! You can try very gently bending it back after heating in hot (NOT boiling) water, or with a hair drier. But this can possibly cause warpage across the chord.
Alternatively, if there's room to fit a spar of some type, either very stiff plastic, or timber, or metal, then that can be glued to one side, the wings taped, and then gently pulled into shape with gentle heating. Once straight, then glue immediately and clamp the length of the warp.

Thanks guys. Terry, I appreciate your suggestions, thanks. Unfortunatley, the hot water didn't work so I'm trying the method shown on the following picture. Lengths of square rod have been glued to the warped wing with everything weighed down so it's good and flat.

110115 Wing Spar Gluing.jpg

I've since stripped this down and have begun tapering the rods near the wing tips so the halves will fully close. Looks like this is going to do the trick. Pics tomorrow.

In the meantime, I set about making bulkheads for the back of the wheel well as shown below. I've seen no reference pics of this area so a little imagination will be used to detail the bulkhead.

Thanks for checking in.

Attachments

• 110115 Well Bulkhead.jpg
    110115 Well Bulkhead.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 101
A sledge hammer as a model making tool? That's one I never thought of Andy!!! Could come in handy if a build goes totally wrong. :lol: Looks like its working out pretty good!!

Last edited:
Now that is smart Andy, it was often said that an Airframes main tools were a hammer and GS (general screwdriver), I guess your half qualified now to become an airframe fitter....
lol-022.gif
..........It's all looking good and I hope the hammer and rod thing works.

You must have been in maintenance in a factory at one time cuz I used to work in engineering, and we gave the repair guys a blueprint and a hammer for repair tools.... LOL
Good thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back