**** DONE: 1/48 Yak-1b Lilya Litviak, the VVS - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Undoubtedly a very good work on the air intake, Bill. It can be an example of correct makieg of a such things. However it seems that there wasn't the one at the starboard wing root of both Yak-1B and the early Yak-1M. There was an hole of a small diameter only, I'm afraid.

Attachments

• yak1b-11.jpg
    yak1b-11.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125
  • yak1b-9.jpg
    yak1b-9.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 132
  • yak1m105pf-3.jpg
    yak1m105pf-3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 123
Bill your's could become a new prototype version with 2 intakes for better balance.....maybe?

Anyway it was good practice work for making intakes....now it will be good practice for filling them in too!

Wurger, I actually thank you for the heads up, I just wish I had gotten one before I did all the work.

Wayne, don't you just have a way of making us look at "the brighter side of..."
*The only good thing is I now know how to work with "Milliputin"

But, I do have four other projects to take my mind off this kafuffle!

Last edited:
Wurger, I actually thank you for the heads up, I just wish I had gotten one before I did all the work.

I'm so sorry Bill for making you wired about these air intakes. Please don't be angry of me. I was sure you followed the correct path looking at your picture with the putty applied to the port wing root. And it was fine at that moment. But the next updating showed you did it to the starboard one too. So I decided to let you know there's something wrong with that. The kind of two air intakes appeared with M106 engine and can be noticed on late Yak-1M or Yak-3.

Attachments

• yak1m-1.jpg
    yak1m-1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 118
  • yak1m-2.jpg
    yak1m-2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 110
Hey not to worry about sorry mate. This is how we get it right. Like Wayne pointed out, I now have new skills. The only disappointment is my not paying attention to the actual aircraft pictures. I can blame it on age! The end product is what matters, how we get there? Maybe a few stumbling blocks, but then, that is model building for yah!

I see. THX. :)

As far as the incorrect air intake is concerned... I think you could fill the aperture with the same putty you used for shaping of the intake and then sanding down the area to the previous shape. I know it's some more of work on the model. But is shouldn't be difficult to do that.

Gone is the mod craze Wayne............. goin for accuracy.

So, I have removed all the Putin and did a plug on the starboard side and a new lump of Put on the port. When it has dried I'll give a go with the file and sandpaper and see what I can come up with.

Good thing we have till the end of November!
Don't we?????

Attachments

• 15 redone.jpg
    15 redone.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back