**** DONE: 1/48 Yak-1b Lilya Litviak, the VVS - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay,
I think I have it this time................
what a struggle..... Now I can get on with it.

Attachments

• 16b new intake.jpg
    16b new intake.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 16a new intake.jpg
    16a new intake.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 85
Nice job, well done Bill. Not sure, but it looks like the white Milliput you're using? If so, you'll find it easier with the standard yellow / grey, for future work.

Thanks guys....

Nice job, well done Bill. Not sure, but it looks like the white Milliput you're using? If so, you'll find it easier with the standard yellow / grey, for future work.

Yes it is the white stuff. I thought I wanted a smoother finish. It looks like porcelain when I finished sanding, and it is pretty tough! You were right tho, it has to be worked with the tools wet. It sticks like boogers to anything dry! It sure is good stuff tho.

This a.m. I stuck the flap pockets in place. Tail feathers next.

Looking forward to the pics Bill. BTW, the white Milliput is designed for repairing porcelain etc and, although good stuff, the yellow/grey is better for modelling, and easier to mix and use,as the colours blend and you know when it's 'right'.

Nice recovery Bill. It's happed to all of us. The first Group Build I was in I put yellow stripes on the wing leading edge of a Spit. Beautiful masking job. Turned out great. Very proud of myself. Then found that the yellow stripes were put on after the Battle of Britain. Oh well. More masking and paint and all was well.

With the scoop out of the way I been cleaning up some of the gaps. Then the PE flaps pockets starting coming apart, and that was more than I could deal with. So I ripped them out and put in the resin ones that came with the set I got. Now I am filling in them gaps. Meanwhile I did the clearance lights on the wing tips. Getting a bit closer.

Learning more!

Attachments

• 17a flaps.jpg
    17a flaps.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 17b port light.jpg
    17b port light.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 89
  • 17c starboard light.jpg
    17c starboard light.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread