DONE: A-20G Havoc, RAAF No.22 Squadron, Kamiri 1944 Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No Terry, they're over on Ile de Re, wasn't paying the €9 toll to drive over the bridge, thats 3 bottles of wine! Priorities... :lol:

Got a bit more done on the havoc, have a few bits joined, filled and sanded, panel lines rescribed and primed. I'll be spraying the zinc chromate interiors next.

I still don't have the paint for this, I ordered it today. Also getting the True Details resin wheels set, the kit wheels look all wrong, the set comes with the inflatable for the cockpit too!

Sounds like it's progressing well mate. Good job you mentioned the wheels, the reviews of the AM Havoc and Boston mention they're wrong, I'd better sort some if I get the Italeri Boston for the bomber GB.

Will take pics today Wayne :)

Terry, I got them from Squadron, $2.91 total cost! :thumbleft:

Do both Terry! :)

Just took this pic, the tape on top of the wings is where there was some filling needed. The fit on this kit isn't great, a fair bit of filling is needed.

SL382526.jpg

I'm just about to spray the interior zinc chromate green. Will post pics afterwards.

Last edited:
Got the zinc chromate and interior green bits done, the pic doesn't really show much difference in the two greens but to the naked eye they are two completely different colours, the chromate is much greener. Also added some PE belts to the seat.

SL382529.jpg

SL382530.jpg

I need to start closing it all up now.

Cheers lads :)

Fuselage halves together, needs a bit of filler! Tail and nose are just dry fitted. I need to head to the bait shop and get some weights for the nose.

SL382196.jpg

SL382533.jpg

She's a biggy!

Thanks fellas! :)

The nose is packed with lead weights and glued in place, tailplanes also glued on. I dryfitted the wings to see how big it'll be, it's the biggest kit I've built yet!

Here's a pic of it with a 1/48 Mk1 Spitfire for comparison.

SL382537.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back