DONE: A-20G Havoc, RAAF No.22 Squadron, Kamiri 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers lads, got some work done on the cockpit and rear guns today.

SL382410.jpg

Thats it till the week after next, I'm heading away for a week tomorrow.

See you all when i get back! :)

I saw this kit review by someone and said Wow! I wonder if anyone is going to build this for our GB, and here it is.. good work so far! :D

Cheers paul, great link! :thumbleft:

I found some information on the P-40 pilot. Wing Commander Leslie Douglas Jackson, he got the DFC plus bar. Fought in Libya and New Guinea. He was commander of RAAF 75 Squadron.

I found a profile of a P-40 he flew, but it is from 1942 and before he was promoted. I might just build this one! :)

G'day Keith, Les Jackson didn't fight in the Middle East, that was his older brother. See this thread I posted a few years back for more info.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/ace-brothers-7050.html
Either way, both these gallant mens' aircraft would be an excellent choice for this GB.

Thanks all! :)

Got back this evening, we didn't drink all the local wine Terry, but we had a bloody good go at it! Ate too much good food too, I've put on a few lbs. And got sunburned, the weather was fantastic! Myself and the missus had a great time exploring the region, lots of interesting things to do and see (especially the french girls, sunglasses are great! :lol:)

I spent this afternoon sitting here drinking beer while herself went shopping. Place de Verdun in La Rochelle.

SL382506.jpg

Called in to Les Geants de la Miniature in La Rochelle on thursday, its a cool little model shop. The guy sitting behind the counter has the best job in the world, he was building a 1/35 Panzer IV and getting paid for it! We couldn't talk modelling because of the language barrier, but I did express my admiration for his builds on display in the shop. I bought some 1/35 German tank crew figures, didn't have any room in the bag for anything bigger.

Normal service on the Havoc will resume tomorrow. Now I have lots of threads here to catch up on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back