DONE: TBF Avenger from VT-8 - Minicraft 1/144 Group Build

Dude you have got to have some great eye's. My eye's are hurting just looking at it. The size just boggles the mind!!!
 
This build is a great insight into the world of real minature modelling, that decal method is fantastic, great work Lucas! :thumbleft:
 
Thanks to all !!!

I´m really glad that my work is good :D. Thanks to all !

Evan, I´ll send an A4 sheet to you try to make you own decals, by the way, like Terry says, the withe color is the problem :(

The work on canopy is almost done, soon I´ll post the pics.

Now I have a really big problem (not too big by the scale :D), when I was applying the decal on wing, it broken it all !

DSC01880.jpg


DSC01882.jpg


I try to save the decal with Microescale products, but with no sucess.

I´m not good on make decals like that, cos I´m a complete newbie on make my own decals,

I need to buy a new one decal sheet, could you help-me to find it guys ?

I try on google, but not find :(
 
Last edited:
As I promisse, the new pics;...

Well, let´s start to the canopy parts, the part moveble is too tick, so the finish is not good, then I did a new piece from a clear plasticard part, just fit the original piece and with a heat gun, I heat the plasticard en fix on the original piece.

DSC01875Small.jpg


DSC01876Small.jpg


The result was this, left the original, right the piece that I made

DSC01877Small.jpg


This canopy part is on two pieces, so I cut in the middle and apply the decal technique. Note the colors inside and outside the piece.

DSC01885.jpg


Now fixed on the model:

DSC01889.jpg


DSC01894.jpg


DSC01895.jpg


DSC01904.jpg


DSC01898.jpg



By now is just this, thanks to see :D
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back