H.P. Halifax B.MkIII Dedication.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry chaps, I've been a bit off these last three or four days - rotten cold and blinding headache - bl**dy weather! But I'm back on it, and hope to have some pics posted later tonight.

Thanks Matt, Jan and Evan. It's this darned weather - a bit of luke warm sun one minute, then more rain the next, with big pressure changes. Been thundery the last three days, and playing havoc with me!
Anyway, the engines are almost done, juts got to do some tidying and fit the last three.
PIC 1. The engines as supplied in the kit, showing the age of the moulds, as what detail is there is very soft and virtually invisible.
PIC 2. The exhaust collector ring has been engraved, along with the cowling panel joints and the 'ring' for the cowl flaps. The flaps themselves, having been thinned down on the inside, were then sawn through to the 'ring', using a razor saw. All four engines have had this done.
PIC 3. The engines were given a coat of dark grey, including the crank case, and the cylinders brushed with a mix of silver and grey. Cowling support stays were added from stretched sprue, and have yet to be painted in this shot. The exterior surfaces of the exhaust collector rings will be painted when fitted to the nacelles, then masked, along with the openings for the engines.
PIC 4. First engine in place, with the carb intake fitted. This had all mould seams removed first, and the front rounded off, with the sides and top thinned down. The interior was painted matt black before fitting. There are some sink marks (in fact sink holes!) on all four of these, and they will be filled later, at the same time as all other filling is undertaken.
PIC 5. What the model looks like to date.
Next job is to sort out the canopy fit, although it won't actually be attached until after the model is painted, then it'll be time to make and test fit the bomb doors, and fit the ailerons, before masking and painting the model.
Thanks for your continued interst, and I hope to post another up-date some time tomorrow.

Attachments

• Halifax build 228.jpg
    Halifax build 228.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 69
  • Halifax build 229.jpg
    Halifax build 229.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Halifax build 233.jpg
    Halifax build 233.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Halifax build 235.jpg
    Halifax build 235.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Halifax build 237.jpg
    Halifax build 237.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 74
Hear ya re the pressure changes Terry...same here, with high temps to boot (38°C at mo, supposed to go 40 round lunchtime)

Great work on the engines, she's gonna be sweet!

The same kind of the weather here. It is hot and very sunny one minute then a nsevere storm with rainfalls causing the temperature going down.

Nice work Terry. :thumbright:

Not much fun for the head and BP my friend...
Had a huge sudden storm here last night, hail the size of plums in some places - houses on the news looked like they'd been machine gunned. The Storm subsided within about half an hour and temperatures went through the roof again...

Thanks very much for the kind words chaps.
We've had poor summers for the last five years, with lots of rain, but this year takes the biscuit. Apart from a few hot days in May (around 8 days total) it's rained virtually continuously all year, with flooding, landslides and structural damage. It's been the wettest year since records began, over 100 years ago, and even when the sun does dare to come out, it's not very warm, although sometimes humid and heavy. I keep turning the central heating on and off, as it's more like late Autumn than summer.
What a s*** place to live !

Looking forward to that Terry, and sounds like you've got the same weather as Ireland. My dad said they had one day of summer this year - and count themselves lucky for one atleast! Needless to say, he shares your sentiments on living location...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back