ME 209 V5

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well Wayne Little,
it's name is "Tatort". Free translation = "The place where the crime has happened".
A semi realisic show of crime investigations.

This is the result.

I used metal foil on the belly. You've allways to sand again and again.

I was happy with the result maybe too happy. Goofy was around again for his next move. The continous sanding thinned out the wingroots too much. Guess!

Last edited:
Desaster struck the 209 again when the right wing came off. All the sanding had thinned out the wingroots too much. A quick check showed the same problem on the left wing too. Off he went too.

Well in such moments there is only one thing to do - drink abottle of cooled "Jever"! The only means in such moments. Problems will get minor instantly.

Once more!

Several hours later: I was on the road again.

This time the wings are really strong, fingers crossed. I reinforced the leadingedges with Alu-foil.

The underside got its metal reinforcement too. I warned the Me 209 being given to the dog in case she will mess up things again. This helped considerably.

Now it was time for the landingflaps. They are derived from the E-ones. Again 2K-putty was a handy aid. I use a cheap brand from the ware-house which is intended for car repairs. There are two brands one for heavy filling which I don't use and the other who is called "Zwei Komponenten Feinspachtel"= 2K-Fine Putty. It cures in half and hour and sands to a featheredge.

After some sanding and a coat of water-soluble Primer (again a cheap filler from the ware houses which is used on plastics) I called it a day.

The underside looked right too.

Last edited:
Hi Maximowitz,
A Pils always is a good means to further kitbuilding!
Specially when you went in troubles while building!
Even my dachshound tries it from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread