DONE: 1/32 Hasegawa Ki-84, 57th Shimbu-Tai - Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A beaut Wayne, this should be your example of how patience and precision will yield the best results! Kind of makes me think I should take some more time with certain things

Thanks fellas....done the seat now too...

Again actual colour is....well pretty much unknown? Green, Metallic green/Blue, NMF/Silver? probable options, decided on NMF/Silver just to brighten it up a bit.

One original seat shows a odd very light colour peeling off a NMF seat in a restored aircraft, hard to know if this light colour is original or added later....and degraded over time?

Attachments

• Seat finished_5517.JPG
    Seat finished_5517.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Seat finished_5518.JPG
    Seat finished_5518.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 143
Beauty Wayne, and please tell me that belt and cushion aren't scratch-built!
If it's any help, I saw an article a couple of years back, where some guy had really gone to town on a 1/32nd Zero. OK, not the same type, but his research had shown that the seat on the real aircraft, supplied form a particular sub-contractor (I think), at that time was in bare metal.

Great seat Wayne. Can you put some words down on how you did the belts and cushion?

Cheers

Peter

The cussion was a resin piece that just slotted in....painted Semigloss black for a slight shine then drybrushed with light grey to tone it down..the seat belts....even easier Eduard seat belt set!

...and some shots fitted to the floor...

Thanks for the info Terry!

Attachments

• Seat Belt Set_5536.JPG
    Seat Belt Set_5536.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 125
  • Cockpit  Seat_5547.JPG
    Cockpit Seat_5547.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Cockpit  Seat_5530.JPG
    Cockpit Seat_5530.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Seat on floor_5538.JPG
    Seat on floor_5538.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Thanks Guys...the cockpit is closed up and fitted into the fuselage now, sanding of the seams has started, more tomorrow....one extra shot of the cockpit with the seat...

Attachments

• Cockpit  Seat_5556.JPG
    Cockpit Seat_5556.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 135
Fuselage closed up and wings in progress..

Attachments

• Fuselage_5562.JPG
    Fuselage_5562.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Fuselage_5563.JPG
    Fuselage_5563.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 122
  • Wings_5424.JPG
    Wings_5424.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Wings_5426.JPG
    Wings_5426.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 114
It's that sudden progress stage, when it starts looking like an aeroplane instead of a pile of bits - nice work Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back