****DONE: 1/48 B-24D Liberator 'Fightin' Sam' Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nineteen bucks? That's quite a bit cheaper than the UK price, and worth it I reckon, for a manufactured item. Anthing that helps to make the job more hassle free is good. Think I'll make myself one to teplace the one I drove over with my land rover years ago.....
Nice job so far Mags - a bit of patience, a lot of swearing, then a relaxing beer (or Coke in your case) will sort that problem!

Ive already figured it out using my mental imagery.. some knife scraping to make a uniform circle then CA or putty to build up the new outer walls. Should not be bad at all... just got to fill in the rest of the fuselage seams, seems like shes parting like the red sea!

Sounds like there might be some internal parts not quite locating in their 'slots' or whatever, pushing the fuselage halves out of kilter.

Thanks.. I managed enough time today to (I think) completely fill in the top fuselage seam. Will most likely do a thin paint stripe check. Looks are deceiving in the game of modeling!

Engines.. the gray didnt show up too well on the black but oh well.

Attachments

• PICT1295.JPG
    PICT1295.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 98
Wings glued up, and a dry fit test. Yup, it's sturdy! Next will be to fill in the wings..

Attachments

• PICT1299.JPG
    PICT1299.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT1300.JPG
    PICT1300.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 149
  • PICT1301.JPG
    PICT1301.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 136
Thanks boys.. much to do. Really need to get a good session in this weekend..

Well Terry.. the sneaky plot. My grandfathers 80th birthday is due in March and I plan on giving it to him with the full dio as his gift. Sort of symbolic with the "Fightin' Sam", even though he's a Jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back